NSMB.com Enduro Week: Day One

Jan. 26, 2012, 6:27 a.m.

I think he was pointing out that the logical word for both types of events was Enduro, therefore no one has a greater claim over the other for the use of it.

I don't see the big fuss over the use of Gravity Enduro in the UK to differentiate between 6h+ Enduro races and the more DH oriented Euro style Enduros.

Jan. 26, 2012, 12:33 p.m.

In a certain way, the whole discussion is sort of "funny". Maybe older guys remember the debates about slopestyle events, a definition of "freeriding", etc. Us humans do need neat little labels and boxes. Kind of cute.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 26, 2012, 1:32 p.m.

KILL ME NOW! FFS….

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 26, 2012, 1:49 p.m.

I think he was pointing out that the logical word for both types of events was Enduro

We could argue forever about what's "logical", the fact is that there are already clear and widely-accepted definitions! Those 6, 12 and 24-hour races in the UK to which you refer are pretty much universally referred to as "Marathon" or "Marathon XC" (also as per UCI definition).

Jan. 26, 2012, 1:58 p.m.

A good name to reduce confusion could be "downhill trials technical cross country off road cycling enduro" or you can simplify it to "mountain biking"

edit I added enduro to my super cool term, sounds better!

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Jan. 26, 2012, 2:25 p.m.

We could argue forever about what's "logical", the fact is that there are already clear and widely-accepted definitions! Those 6, 12 and 24-hour races in the UK to which you refer are pretty much universally referred to as "Marathon" or "Marathon XC" (also as per UCI definition).

Who fucking cares, and fuck the UCI!

Anyway, back to bleeding a Reverb…..

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 26, 2012, 3:23 p.m.

what's the record for a successful reverb bleed?
has anyone gotten a good result first try? i mean a really good result, lightning-fast rebound.

Jan. 26, 2012, 10:10 p.m.

has anyone gotten a good result first try? i mean a really good result, lightning-fast rebound.

The new Reverb's (black collar; different line; different fitting) have been very good (even out of the box).

i mean a really good result, lightning-fast rebound.

Although, if you are looking for a solid "fwap" on your bits you may want to try a Gravity Dropper.

-D

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

Jan. 27, 2012, 1:47 a.m.

i have both.
i enjoy the "fwap".

Jan. 27, 2012, 9:44 a.m.

I'm not forgetting that Enduro has different meanings in the UK, that's part of the point. Stamping your foot and saying that one meaning is more "right" than the other meaning just makes you look childish, especially the CAPS SHOUTING. I also don't know anyone in the UK or at any of the 12 and 24h enduros I did that would call it Marathon XC, whatever the UCI might have to say about that. Saying that you just did a 24h Marathon XC event would have your mates rolling around laughing and calling you a knob jockey.

It's also worth pointing out that there is really very little terrain in England (Scotland and Wales is a bit different) where you can hold Euro-style Enduro events - there aren't huge swathes of connected off-road trails and no mountains to speak of. There's a reason why the UK's World Cup DH race is held in Scotland you know..

Jan. 27, 2012, 12:46 p.m.

My last one took all of 10 or 15 minutes. Mostly because I actually read the damn instructions several times. Always successful first try. Elixir brakes on the other hand. Fuck!

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Jan. 28, 2012, 8:48 a.m.

Funny the debate of who owns "Enduro"
we have attached "enduro" to "Six Hour Enduro" on the Shore for 20 or more years
(at Seymour ski run area in 1991 and Burnaby Mtn earlier)

The French are very into making mtn biking as Moto as possible - beaks mandatory on helmets, moto-cross pajamas mandatory and the use of the moto enduro name for rally-style races.

I know Enduro is going to stick to the Euro rally-style events, but does that mean Squamish'es Loonar Enduro will have to change their name?

Sept. 24, 2012, 10:32 a.m.

let's hope the UCI stays away, although sounds like they've got their stupid eyes on it….fastest way to kill creative events that define 'enduro' is to let those idiots make it 'official'….in my very humble opinion…

http://world.endurotribe.com/2012/09/2013-world-enduro-series-enduro-world-cup-rumors/#toparticle

Sounds like the UCI will be sanctioning a series for 2013.

Interesting to see a comment on the Canadian Open being a junk show. Times were a bit tight on the transfer stages. I think most of the complaints stemmed from riders not knowing that being late for your start time would be added to your race time.

Sept. 27, 2012, 9:40 a.m.

Looks like the rumours are now going the opposite way. No World Series sanctioning by the UCI.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Breaking-news-2013-UCI-World-Enduro-Series-Cancelled.html

Nov. 22, 2012, 12:05 p.m.

Triple update post, perhaps I am talking to myself here.

let's hope the UCI stays away, although sounds like they've got their stupid eyes on it….fastest way to kill creative events that define 'enduro' is to let those idiots make it 'official'….in my very humble opinion…

World Enduro Tour is on. Going it with no UCI.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Breaking-News-Enduro-World-Series-2012.html

Crankworx will be on the tour.

Pretty stoked to see Crankworx going to be on the World Tour bringing all the big gun riders to the event.