New NSMB Video Series - Hey Neighbour! [Ep. 1- Cam McRae]

Jan. 10, 2012, 5:54 p.m.

that was a great story..

shame there wasnt a bit more about the early history of NSMB, back when people were first getting to know each other..

i have lots of memorys from the VERY beginnings of this BB..

Jan. 10, 2012, 6:39 p.m.

That was excellent.

Loud Hubs Save Lives

Jan. 10, 2012, 7:05 p.m.

awesome stuff all around guys! really enjoyed that…and don't worry Seb, I walked that too last time

Jan. 10, 2012, 7:38 p.m.

top shelf, guys. cam is a helluva good ambassador for us local hooligans. ill always have fond memories of the year he joined us Shuttlewhores for the Triple Crown - that was an epic day that is up there with thebest rides ever' list.

future webisodes - i would love to hear more from Pip. he's got some awesome old shore stories everyone should hear, plus he added syncros and Banshee to the sport. i still grin thinking about one of his stories when they did night riding on the Shore with the wheel generator lights - so when you hit the brakes, you lost your light. he said it made severed a fun ride that way. :lol:

Jan. 10, 2012, 7:39 p.m.

Great stuff. I totally forgot about that last trail with the line around the tree until the other day when i rode it again. I walked it just like seb, but i think i need to ride it again, a la cam.

Cheers

Jan. 10, 2012, 7:55 p.m.

Loved it, nice work, lads! Cam would be the last to call attention to himself, but those of us that have been lucky enough to work (and ride) with him over the years know just how hard he has worked to make nsmb what it is today.

Jan. 10, 2012, 8:09 p.m.

Its been said a hundred times already, but one more: QUALITY VIDEO!
Keep them coming, please

Jan. 10, 2012, 8:53 p.m.

Great to see a bit of the man behind the scene. Only met the guy once or twice. Can't wait for the next episode.

Jan. 10, 2012, 9:13 p.m.

Excellent work! Great story telling, good subject and good riding. More pls!

Jan. 10, 2012, 9:19 p.m.

That's a wicked idea you pulled off flawlessly, awesome work! I can't wait to see the next one.

It definitely made me want to ride the shore a little more. I'm always amazed by the "shore riding style" and it looks like Cam's made of it!

Jan. 10, 2012, 10:08 p.m.

Enjoyed that and hope to see more in this series. This is where an e-magazine really takes a leap beyond what we get from the print magazine experience. Pro interview, pro production, great concept and an exemplary subject for the inaugural article.

This did more for me wanting an Enduro than any 'bike check' ever will….

Raises glass.
- TD

NSMBA member.

Jan. 10, 2012, 10:11 p.m.

It's kinda funny but I started going to the site when it first came out and was blown away by the big mountains and the crazy riding. I just moved to BC in june (12 years later) for riding and to be honest I think that this site and the work of Cam is the reason I'm here. Thank you for all your hard work.

Jan. 10, 2012, 10:31 p.m.

lots of great props already, but this was really that great. nice work cam. this is going to be a great year on the shore guys. let's keep the stoke.

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

Jan. 10, 2012, 11:52 p.m.

This series is a fantastic idea, and I'm stoked to see more.

I'm a relative new comer to the MTB scene, even though I've lived in Vancouver for over a decade now. I'm super stoked to ride on the shore every time I'm over there. Every time I delve a little deeper, I'm awestruck by how much influence this, rather small, geographical area has had on our sport the world over.

I'm also lucky enough to be working in the bike industry, and loving what I do. Whenever I meet someone with a lot of local history, whether they're a big personality or a more behind-the-scenes type, I notice we all share the same passion for being in the woods on our bikes. Famous or not, seasoned or wet behind the ears, skilled or hack alike, we all relate to each other out there.

Thanks to Seb and Matt for putting this series together, and thanks to Cam for putting NSMB together!

Stoked for more Hey Neighbour! And stoked to get out and ride!

:D

Ride, don't slide.

Jan. 11, 2012, 6:35 a.m.

Huge Props to all involved, that was great and I can't wait to see more!