New NSMB Front Page

March 19, 2014, 1:38 p.m.

Working on the Wordpress thing guys. Thank you for your feedback.

flickr

March 26, 2014, 6:55 a.m.

Working on the Wordpress thing guys. Thank you for your feedback.

any progress on this? commenting on articles has gone [HTML_REMOVED]crickets[HTML_REMOVED]

March 26, 2014, 9:31 a.m.

Hey Morgan, Cam, whoever is working on this (front page commenting),

Have you looked into Disqus? I hope so, and if not check it out! Right now you have the Facebook commenting plugin, followed by the Wordpress comments with forced login. Disqus will bring these two together, as well as allowing logged in comments from other social media platforms.

I'm in Marketing/Communications, and pretty much only do online now, and Disqus is now my go to plugin. I've also noticed a lot of major media outlets who had adopted the Facebook Social Plugin or replied on an internal commenting system have moved over to Disqus. It gives the person options, can login with most social media accounts, and have their comments appear on it is they so choose (great for expanding audience acquisition). If you require logins, they can create an instant and almost pain free Disqus account to comment. I've notices spam to be in check though with anonymous comments, although your experience may differ with a higher traffic site.

Oh, and I did a quick Google search and you can integrate into vBulletin threads, something that members seemed to want from the other thread.

Anyway, that's my unsolicited advice, I should really get back to work…

July 8, 2014, 8:48 a.m.

bump

visually the front page is one of the best looking out there of the mtb sites imo.
would be nice to integrate comments from the articles directly here however.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer