Name the Knolly...

Aug. 30, 2009, 8:51 p.m.

Nope, idiotic 'penis' bike names are exclusive to Cove.

Kn.

so I am guessing you don't like the new "Hooker"?

Aug. 30, 2009, 8:56 p.m.

srsly? I think you should stick with the health related theme. A-Fib or Action Potential or something..

half those names are already bikes.

1. Psychosis -Redbull probably owns the name of anything Psychosis and bikes.

2. Vanquish

3. Pursuit
4. Podium
5. Nemesis

6. Vendetta

7. Vertigo
8. Slayer

9. Adrenaline

10. Rogue

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Aug. 30, 2009, 9:06 p.m.

Aug. 30, 2009, 10:44 p.m.

i still think my suggestions rocks goats:

the Knolly Knoll

Sept. 1, 2009, 8:51 a.m.

so I am guessing you don't like the new "Hooker"?

Meh, I personally don't care, but at some point in time, Cove has to realize that the mtb demographic has moved way beyond the 17-25 year old male buyer. Bikes with sophomoric, simplistic names comprising entendres that are too banal to even qualify as 'double' are turning away potential buyers.

I know of two women who were interested in a nice Ti hardtail and looked at the Hummer. One bought but asked for no stickers, the other walked away because of the name. Sorry Cove, lost sale, 'bros'.

Not many older males and almost no women want to drive home after a ride, say hi to their neighbours kids and explain to the neighbour why it's 'cool' to be riding a bike with a name like "blowjob" or "eight inch caulk".

Anyhoo, rambling thread jack over, Knolly needs to stick with the plan - clever names with links to medical terms. I think Hysteria would be a great one for the DH bike.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Sept. 1, 2009, 10:21 a.m.

with that color…and feel that gives….definetly CREVASSE is the name….

searched and you will know…"how the knolly crevasse can crack any terrain and still look clean and sharp thru the trails, it can take any degree of vertical terrains…while keeping its cool look…"

Carlos Gutierrez
Costa Rica Freeride & Downhill

Sept. 1, 2009, 11:58 a.m.

Knolly needs to stick with the plan - clever names with links to medical terms. I think Hysteria would be a great one for the DH bike.

Kn.

I think Chris and Noel are screwing with us with that list.
What do we know.

[HTML_REMOVED] Winner is announced at Interbike
[HTML_REMOVED] They will remove one name per week until then
[HTML_REMOVED] 3 weeks left till Interbike
[HTML_REMOVED] 10 entries at start in the list.
[HTML_REMOVED] List is made up with a lot of already used bike names (which we have to assume are unusable for that reason)

I think they're going to treat this like an anagram. Drop three entries off this 'list', then pick a name that is built from 1 letter from the remaining 7 entries at Interbike time.

List:

Psychosis
Vanquish
Pursuit
Podium
Nemesis
Vendetta
Vertigo
Slayer
Adrenaline
Rogue

Unfortunately I suck at anagrams.

Sept. 1, 2009, 12:51 p.m.

I think maybe Knolly has an intern who's not a rider, and was given the task of the name game while Noel was busy with that new frame.

Turns out intern guy failed.

Sept. 3, 2009, 8:32 a.m.

I think Chris and Noel are screwing with us with that list.
What do we know.

[HTML_REMOVED] Winner is announced at Interbike
[HTML_REMOVED] They will remove one name per week until then
[HTML_REMOVED] 3 weeks left till Interbike
[HTML_REMOVED] 10 entries at start in the list.
[HTML_REMOVED] List is made up with a lot of already used bike names (which we have to assume are unusable for that reason)

I think they're going to treat this like an anagram. Drop three entries off this 'list', then pick a name that is built from 1 letter from the remaining 7 entries at Interbike time.

List:

Psychosis
Vanquish
Pursuit
Podium
Nemesis
Vendetta
Vertigo
Slayer
Adrenaline
Rogue

Unfortunately I suck at anagrams.

Welcome to the No Brain No Pain And Math Is For Losers Club. You in as Prez?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Sept. 3, 2009, 10:20 a.m.

I think maybe Knolly has an intern who's not a rider, and was given the task of the name game while Noel was busy with that new frame.

Turns out intern guy failed.

Actually I think they were all busy with Eurobike. The guy in charge of the contest is a rider - an experienced one - and he may have something up his sleeve. We'll know soon.

Sept. 15, 2009, 11:07 a.m.

The names have been whittled down to 5 and the bike has lost some bits as well.

Apparently the names on the list that were already taken were just to mess with us.

To see the finalists click here...

Sept. 15, 2009, 11:21 a.m.

Here is my take…

Vertigo is not it because:
"Vertigo (from the Latin vertigin-, vertigo, "dizziness," originally "a whirling or spinning movement," from vert[HTML_REMOVED]#333; "I turn"[1]) is a specific type of dizziness, a major symptom of a balance disorder. It is the sensation of spinning or swaying while the body is actually stationary with respect to the surroundings.

The effects of vertigo may be slight. It can cause nausea and vomiting and, in severe cases, it may give rise to difficulties with standing and walking."

Not too sure that I would ride a bike that did that to me.

Psychosis - borrowing a name from a race… not too sure how I feel about that.

Podium - Actually like this one… only becasue it is the only original one that I can think of. Haven't followed the whole thread so I am unsure if it was a name of a bike already. But it is kind of cool that the bike is named after what you are going to be standing on…. ;)

Pursuit - Are you going to win the race or always be chasing someone? I guess you could spin it that you are in pursuit of the podium… but that implies that you may never get there.

Adrenaline - Please no… sounds like something Monster Energy Drink would come up with….

That is my take.

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

Sept. 15, 2009, 11:26 a.m.

i still think my suggestions rocks goats:

the Knolly Knoll

No way. The "Grassy" would be better.

Sept. 15, 2009, 11:27 a.m.

Podium FTW!

Sept. 15, 2009, 11:41 a.m.

I still like my choice the best - Knolly Phantom DH