Money Shots Week Six - the winner

April 17, 2007, 7:08 p.m.

also check out this page

winning photo used in the trick X catalog

http://www.raceco-mtb.com/presse.php?ref=139[HTML_REMOVED]display=8f3fafd6ab06aa34170955787167d318.jpg

We're looking into it and I have taken it back to the powers that be that judge. In my opinion I would still say he is elligible. For me a catalog falls into an Advertisement, not a print publication. I guess I'm splitting hairs, but thats what would dictate his elligibility.

As the catalog is like an Ad in a magazine and not produced monthly liek a print publication, it for me would fall into a ad campaign. thus he is allowed up to 5.

We'll see what the other guys have to say.

Dec 2006 photo contest winner "Best Ass Shot"

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

April 17, 2007, 7:08 p.m.

http://www.raceco-mtb.com/presse.php?ref=348

One of his week 5 photos used here:
http://www.raceco-mtb.com/presse.php?ref=296

Another of the winning shot in publication:

http://www.raceco-mtb.com/presse.php?ref=118[HTML_REMOVED]display=9d1179059c04909473737adf57a74e7e.jpg

April 17, 2007, 7:37 p.m.

I think for next year the NSMB crew needs to make it more of a amature contest. As the rules state "If you have sold more than four campaigns to print publications you are not considered an amateur in the eyes of Money Shot"

The winner of this weeks contest:

1 Shamano ad
1 TrickX catalog
1 Race company Ad
1 (the winning shot) featured in a magazine

The rules state "Photos that have appeared in any print publication are not eligible"

The winning shot was in a print publication…….

http://www.raceco-mtb.com/presse.php?ref=118[HTML_REMOVED]display=a3729b3d313b5667677164ea6205c521.jpg

and the new winner is Rene Gouin ?

The contest asks for "Primarily though we're looking for shots from Joe Shooter - a rider who also likes to take pictures of his or her riding crowd. "

It wold be nice next year to make it a true amatuer contest. If you have made money off of photo's your not an amatuer in my eye's and I'm sure alot of other people out there.

Also it would be nice if the photo content required was geared towards the
grand prize "the week shooting whistler at Crank Worx"

There have been some amazing shots in the past weeks, no doubt about that. But staging a photo, taking alot of time to set up, re-shoot over and over untill you get it rigth……is alot different that shooting crankworx (grand prize) where stuff happens with or without you being ready…..and it happens once.

You cant ask Brian Lopes to go across the finish line again, do the same pose, ask the time guy to reset the clock to Brian's time, and have the crowd yell and stream one more time…..because you werent ready.

I'm not trying to stir it up……but I cant stand sandbaggers who cherry pick amature contests in any fashion.

Cheers All

April 17, 2007, 7:45 p.m.

I added soem other thoughts

I think for next year the NSMB crew needs to make it more of a amature contest. As the rules state "If you have sold more than four campaigns to print publications you are not considered an amateur in the eyes of Money Shot"

1 Shamano ad
1 TrickX catalog
1 Race company Ad

The rules state "Photos that have appeared in any print publication are not eligible"

http://www.raceco-mtb.com/presse.php?ref=118[HTML_REMOVED]display=a3729b3d313b5667677164ea6205c521.jpg

The contest asks for "Primarily though we're looking for shots from Joe Shooter - a rider who also likes to take pictures of his or her riding crowd. "

It wold be nice next year to make it a true amatuer contest. If you have made money off of photo's your not an amatuer in my eye's and I'm sure alot of other people out there.

There have been some amazing shots in the past weeks, no doubt about that. But staging a photo, taking alot of time to set up, re-shoot over and over untill you get it rigth……is alot different that shooting crankworx (grand prize) where stuff happens with or without you being ready…..and it happens once.

You cant ask Brian Lopes to go across the finish line again, do the same pose, ask the time guy to reset the clock to Brian's time, and have the crowd yell and stream one more time…..because you werent ready.

I'm not saying every shot has to be of a competition, just real action as its happening. I know thats kind of hard to guage.

I'm not trying to stir it up……but I cant stand sandbaggers who cherry pick amature contests in any fashion.

Cheers All

April 17, 2007, 8:01 p.m.

wow, this hurts my head…….

www.gohuckyourself.com

April 17, 2007, 9:06 p.m.

geez, what was i thinking when i clicked on this? i need another drink

April 17, 2007, 9:12 p.m.

Here we go again, haha.

April 18, 2007, 12:54 a.m.

even if Damien Rosso is a "pro" and has printed more than 5 of his photos he shouldnt of won any way. photo #2 should of gotten first place. way better comp and over all a much more interesting shot. the first place shot really isnt that amazing, average angle, bad leading space, ass shot, not much sence of distance, cant see take off or landing and this photo should of been taken slightly earlyer so that you can see some details of the rider.
my 2 cents

-karsten ergetowski :poland:

D70s WHAT!?!? :cow:

Here is my photo page: http://live-4-infinity.deviantart.com/

April 18, 2007, 2:47 a.m.

1 Shamano ad
1 TrickX catalog
1 Race company Ad

Cheers All

Fair enough. I'll let the boys know.

This contest used to be fun.

Dec 2006 photo contest winner "Best Ass Shot"

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

April 18, 2007, 9:57 a.m.

Hahah…yeah….people need to one…not submit if they know they don't meet the criteria…and two….pull their panties out of their asses.