Leogang Commentary: Seb Kemp takes on the Worlds

Sept. 4, 2012, 4:55 p.m.

Did anyone else goon it up after they crashed? Bit disrespectful to the rest of the riders don't you think? It would have been more impressive to me if he'd got back on and still bagged a top 5 like Hill did in 08. Maybe I just long to be in Hill's pants more than those fun loving Christians.

FTFY :P

In all seriousness, it's one thing to have a crash, get back on and keep on pinning when you know you just made a mistake. I imagine it's quite another to do so when you know your brakes have something wrong and may well not work the next time you want to drop anchor going into that hard left hander…

Sept. 4, 2012, 5:21 p.m.

I hope he comes to NSMB to find out how upset we are with him. Maybe he will change and start becoming a decent human being.

Sept. 4, 2012, 6:03 p.m.

Awesome race!
In a race that tight where points are not an issue why charge it. Chill out and have some fun. He knew after he crashed he wouldnt make at least a top five so what. Props to Greg and Stevie! And Gee too!
If your pissed cause Gwin didnt charge on after crashing than your missing the point.
Canadian men and women did pretty well at the Worlds!

Sept. 4, 2012, 9:08 p.m.

To the chap behind the avatar B.O.B,
Really, you have never heard of the term "gooning" before? Really? Your life could change if you understood this word.
Have a heart, have a laugh.

Sept. 4, 2012, 10:17 p.m.

Sorry Seb but I'm with B.O.B.

The only gooning I know of happens in hockey and I'm pretty sure that's not what Gwin was doing.

I will say "Well done Team Canada!"
A solid representation across the board.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

Sept. 5, 2012, 12:15 a.m.

You guys know all this complaining about the term is only going to get us gooning even more.

flickr

Sept. 5, 2012, 4:52 p.m.

I'm not much for turning nouns into verbs.
But, I would call it gooning if he had drilled some poor wretch spectator (who had mistakenly had his head hanging too far over the yellow tape) with an elbow on the way down.