Learning the Ropes: Bryson Racing Clan's Secret to Success

Sept. 12, 2012, 2:01 a.m.

Bryson Racing Clan riders took the top two spots in the BC Cup DH season this year. Why? Well, in part due to preparation.

Find out how they do it...

flickr

Sept. 12, 2012, 7:31 a.m.

Great article! I know that racing has been the toughest challenge I've faced in a long time and seeing the way the Clan prepares and being a part of that has definitely made me a better racer and a better rider!

Sept. 12, 2012, 7:42 a.m.

Very cool article Jeff, I enjoyed reading it. I've always been well prepared for races from a mechanical perspective, but never put any thought into being prepared mentally. Definately something to try.

That last picture of Fonzi is ridiculous.

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

My Super Interesting Website

:safrica: - :canada:

Sept. 12, 2012, 8:10 a.m.

Bryson Racing Clan riders took the top two spots in the BC Cup DH season this year. Why? Well, in part due to preparation.

Find out how they do it...

Why does this link to a Dales trail day article for me?

Sept. 12, 2012, 10:40 a.m.

Awesome article Jeff. It was great meeting you and Adriano this season at the first two BC Cups. Congratulations to both of you on the successful season! That photo of Adriano is crazy.

Sept. 12, 2012, 10:41 a.m.

Why does this link to a Dales trail day article for me?

Thanks, I fixed the link. Typo…

Sept. 12, 2012, 10:46 a.m.

INtersting read, even if I am not competing, racing or even planning to. What caught my eye was that it was basically the kind of thing that motivational coaches, and coaches in managment do - "simply" have a very clear and concise image and picture of yourself, your present abilities and shortcomings and how you plan on improving them in the long run. Awesome.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Sept. 12, 2012, 8:09 p.m.

Good article and great group. A couple years back I showed up at one of the Unicorn races with my bike unprepared and killed off my brake pads in my pre-run. The Bryson Clan mechanic nicknamed Buckwheat threw on a replacement brake for me as they didn't have Magura pads. I tried to come back with beer to say thanks but they'd already packed up and left, hopefully get to pay back the dept one day!