Jerry Willows Rides his Specialized Carbon Demo on the Shore

Aug. 7, 2012, 12:51 a.m.

Jerry's a lucky man to have a carbon Demo so soon; fortunately he's sharing the experience with us through Matt Dennison.

Get carboned here...

flickr

Aug. 7, 2012, 9 a.m.

Great riding, great Vid!

Sure I "Lust " for a Carbon Demo or perhaps another brands Carbon bike, but is carbon really a good choice for your average non spnsored rider?

I actually just parted with my carbon XO cranks. I'm on the fence with anything carbon being that its only stronger as long as it doesnt aquire any wear and tear which makes me skeptical.

Aug. 7, 2012, 10:05 a.m.

Def carboner.

Aug. 7, 2012, 10:07 a.m.

Def carboner.

Do they sound something like def leppard? :D

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Aug. 7, 2012, 10:13 a.m.

Great riding, great Vid!

Sure I "Lust " for a Carbon Demo or perhaps another brands Carbon bike, but is carbon really a good choice for your average non spnsored rider?

I actually just parted with my carbon XO cranks. I'm on the fence with anything carbon being that its only stronger as long as it doesnt aquire any wear and tear which makes me skeptical.

I'm a non sponsored rider and very happy riding a carbon Specialized bike!

in fact, the next bike I add to my stable, will be another carbon Specialized bike

agree about cranks though, no love here for carbon fibre cranks, handlebars or seatposts, but will buy a carbon frame over aluminium alloy every time

Aug. 7, 2012, 11:13 a.m.

Do I see an avalanche cart in the fork

Aug. 7, 2012, 12:07 p.m.

that is a great vid, and a pretty fresh trail. the one rock face looked insane. bike looks delish.

WTF, Over?

Aug. 7, 2012, 12:45 p.m.

Cypress rocks!

:canada:

Aug. 7, 2012, 1:04 p.m.

Awesome video Jerry and Matt! Good example of how to ride the shore properly! Jerry's got the flow!

Twitter: Stephen_matthws
Instagram: stephen_matthews

Aug. 7, 2012, 4:31 p.m.

3:22, sweet line Mr. willows..

me likey..

gotta love HD footage.. some great angles and views of the trail, but not so much actual closeups on teh bike/frame doing its job..

i'd kinda like to have seen some slo-mo closeups of the frame dealing with bumps/drops..

all in all thou i enjoyed it, more of these mini-featuretes plz.

ps im still a Alloy frame guy..i like the tubing and welds of Alloy bikes. Carbon swoopiness does nothing for me, not to mention MOST carbon bikes you buy are only 1/2 carbon anyways, you still usualy end up with a Alloy rear triangle

Aug. 7, 2012, 4:58 p.m.

AWESOME VIDEO!!!!…..wicked shredding JW!!!

Aug. 7, 2012, 5:50 p.m.

Yep many have looked, only a few have hit it… nice move Willows. Wicked shots too! I'm still not sold on carbon, impact damage/cracks can be costly. alloy frame warranty is pretty hard to beat these days.

Aug. 7, 2012, 6:02 p.m.

Yep many have looked, only a few have hit it… nice move Willows. Wicked shots too! I'm still not sold on carbon, impact damage/cracks can be costly. alloy frame warranty is pretty hard to beat these days.

How is the warranty any different? Also, carbon can be repaired, and impact to carbon isn't necessarily bad, equally, a good ding or gouge to an alloy frame can cause a stress riser that will accelerate frame failure.

Aug. 7, 2012, 6:25 p.m.

Ok I guess my question is, what sort of warranty is Specialized offering on carbon frames? What is crash replacement cost for impact cracks (which I have seen twice on other carbon bikes). And I've been riding massive dents on alloy frames for years, not once have they failed at the dent, always at the weld.

Aug. 7, 2012, 6:26 p.m.

looks intimidating but once you're over with your front wheel, it just makes sense