Jerry Willows - Breaking his Chilcotin Cherry - Part II Added

Aug. 26, 2011, 11:02 a.m.

I've ridden with robot many years ago, he's a good dude. He's probably chuffed because I keep ribbing Lee to buy a moto on facebook.

Anyway chilcotins are an area everyone should checxk out whether its on moto, mtb or hiking. The scenery is truly breathtaking.

Feb. 1, 2014, 3:31 p.m.

Bumping an old thread (and articles), but wanted to reply to this one as there is quite a bit of discussion about hike-a-biking in the Chilcotin.

InaCycle just wrote up a blog post with the title Chilcotins: Hike a Biking For The Rewards that fits:
http://www.themountainbikelife.com/2014/01/chilcotins-hike-biking-for-rewards.html

Feb. 1, 2014, 10:02 p.m.

Wow. That looks like you could be easily eaten by a bear up around them parts.

I mean, if Mr. Griz came bolting outta' those trees there wft could you do? Couldn't out run 'em, up or down, nowhere to hide………

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 1, 2014, 10:43 p.m.

Wow. That looks like you could be easily eaten by a bear up around them parts.

I mean, if Mr. Griz came bolting outta' those trees there wft could you do? Couldn't out run 'em, up or down, nowhere to hide………

We make a lot of noise so animals know we are in the area. Last thing you want to do is surprise them.

Last Griz I saw while riding was a few years ago; a mother with 3 cubs in the Taylor basin. She heard us and moved the cubs to stay out of our way.

We saw another mother with 2 cubs last year on the road near the turn off to Cinnibar.

Feb. 17, 2018, 3:21 a.m.

Posted by: CraigH

Bumping an old thread (and articles), but wanted to reply to this one as there is quite a bit of discussion about hike-a-biking in the Chilcotin.

InaCycle just wrote up a blog post with the title Chilcotins: Hike a Biking For The Rewards that fits:
http://www.themountainbikelife.com/2014/01/chilcotins-hike-biking-for-rewards.html

There was a pretty good feature (in my pov as an outsider looking in) in Bike Mag last year, I think. It tried zo look atboth sides, that is people afraid of the steady increase of bikers in the high alpine eco system, and the possibilities and responsibilities.

Maybe it is available online.