Jerry Willows - Breaking his Chilcotin Cherry - Part II Added

Aug. 24, 2011, 6:33 p.m.

I'm not that fit but the same goes for camel.

:rolleyes:

as for the ridge line vs N. cinnabar. its is a ridge line with big exposure in spots and a bit more hike a biking. good in it self, but not my go to.

Friends have done it both ways. 6 of one, half a dozen of an other… They'd probably go through the meadow next time.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Aug. 24, 2011, 8:17 p.m.

you can climb the high trail road if you want. but its not a climb most people would enjoy. I refer to it as the puker and have had people tell me they hate me after the first 1/3 ;)look closely at that topo. smallest gear out of the saddle in spots. I have gone camel pass -[HTML_REMOVED] hightrail road junction and turned left. it's ok. but like a lot of lee's routes, I do things just to mix it up.

on that note I get the want to mix it up. but taylor is one of the best / easiest climbs I have ever done to get the the alpine, anywhere. I've seen windy climbed 99% of the way with a few rest stops. I'm not that fit but the same goes for camel. shit a 13 year old girl has been known to ride taylor over camel in 3.5 hours. not to be a dick, just a realist, if your not a fan of taylor you'd best get in better shape before tackling bigger alpine rides.

as for the ridge line vs N. cinnabar. its is a ridge line with big exposure in spots and a bit more hike a biking. good in it self, but not my go to.

Thanks Joe…just curious as to high trail road there, i have no issue climbing and hiking to taylor then camel…thought the high trail road might just be faster to get up there.
Sounds like one might as well just head to camel.
G.

Aug. 24, 2011, 8:38 p.m.

great responses… for the record I had a great time and will be returning maybe in September and a couple of times each year. Taylor Basin climb is fantastic, lots of vertical in a short of amount of time with no pushing.

:canada:

Aug. 24, 2011, 8:48 p.m.

Don't forget Slim Creek there are some really nice rides further south with very different topologies.

I'd be happy to provide suggestions and might even try for a ride this fall. Looking for willing participants/victims.

Curious about slim. I've heard horrible stories of swamps and buckbrush leading to unplanned nights out.

You ever check out applespring ck?

I've ridden N. Cinnabar and the full ridgerama. The end of ridgerama kinda sucked, very faint trail led to a a gnarly, rocky descent to treeline (not the place to take a fall) We then lost the trail and bushwacked down to the Cinnabar trail. Don't think I would do it again.

Aug. 24, 2011, 10:35 p.m.

I feel your pain about the heavy pack. Last year we planned to film someone running from Warner out but ended up landing at spruce and hoofin it up to windy and out. I think I had 2 dslr bodies, 2 telephotos plus a couple other lens, tripod, batteries etc plus my riding gear. Glad I ditched the idea of using a BOB trailer at the last minute

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

Aug. 25, 2011, 7:29 a.m.

I don't want to rain on peoples mountain bike stoke but the trials moto is freaking incredible up there. We stayed out of the non motorized zone but heading up to the alpine in 30 minutes of fast flow. Its as fun going up that stuff as as comming down on the mountian bike. Then there is the alpine riding in the shulaps which is like one giant endless playground

Fantastic area.

Aug. 25, 2011, 11:02 a.m.

Will you be writing this up as a trip report?

See that it is up now as part of FF's weekly Whistler report:
http://www.nsmb.com/4597-scion-whistler-report-ep-15

Aug. 25, 2011, 4:13 p.m.

Slim creek opens up into a wide expanse. Don't expect a trail. It comes into being and then disappears for a ways. Some friends did a trip by heading up Gun Creek then heading into the basin to ride out on a three day trip. Trail is on the map but doesn't exist. Blow downs and just plain sketchy. You end up riding in the basin with no trails just wide open for as for as you can see.

I really need to do a trip this fall.

Aug. 25, 2011, 5:59 p.m.

I don't want to rain on peoples mountain bike stoke but the trials moto is freaking incredible up there

wow. that's pretty awesome that you were able to take your moto up there and then internet about it on a mountain bike site. i appreciate that you love trialsin' but, to be clear, i knew what you exactly wrote before i even read your post.

sadly, you've become as predictable as wayne_p on a tire thread…

"It's, like, so much fun."

Aug. 25, 2011, 6:50 p.m.

:rolleyes:

we both know fitness falls into categories: fit, actually fit, and actually fit mixed with genetics ;). I hover between cat 1 and 2 at best. when ever I doubt it MR or JM remind me of the truth

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

Aug. 25, 2011, 9:38 p.m.

I think you should stick to the rivers and the lakes that your used to and stop making it so easy for any of your followers to get to the goods. Baby.
Peace-

Aug. 26, 2011, 7:30 a.m.

wow. that's pretty awesome that you were able to take your moto up there and then internet about it on a mountain bike site. i appreciate that you love trialsin' but, to be clear, i knew what you exactly wrote before i even read your post.

Everybody is free and welcome to share their experiences here. Particularly someone with such a solid mtb pedigree. (your Wayne P quote give me a laugh though!)

I think you should stick to the rivers and the lakes that your used to and stop making it so easy for any of your followers to get to the goods. Baby.
Peace-

I'm not sure anyone knows who you are talking to or what you are talking about.

Aug. 26, 2011, 8:43 a.m.

Paulo's got his blog post up too….
http://offthebrakes.wordpress.com/2011/08/26/checking-off-the-big-one/

Aug. 26, 2011, 8:48 a.m.

That is a pretty douche comment.

Aug. 26, 2011, 9:25 a.m.

I'm not sure anyone knows who you are talking to or what you are talking about.

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave