Interbike 2007 - Dirt Demo 07 Day 2 Report

Sept. 26, 2007, 9:12 a.m.

Thoughts? Questions? Requests?
We'll have more riding impressions from yesterday written up later today along with the photos in the gallery. Rush rush rush!

f e r g s :canada:

Sept. 26, 2007, 9:25 a.m.

We're having some serious internet connectivity issues in our room and some photos in the article are not uploading. We will try to remedy the problem soon.

Sept. 26, 2007, 9:27 a.m.

thats an amazing pic Fergs… maybe the best mtb pic I've ever seen.

and mad props to Hoots for hitting that line. that's fkn gnarly.

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

Sept. 26, 2007, 9:32 a.m.

Great coverage boys anything on the Transition side of things.

Sept. 26, 2007, 9:36 a.m.

Shot of Hoots at the end is sick!

Nice coverage and props for speaking out against the gong show that is Interbike and the demo rides. Viva la change!

Sept. 26, 2007, 9:40 a.m.

thats an amazing pic Fergs… maybe the best mtb pic I've ever seen.

and mad props to Hoots for hitting that line. that's fkn gnarly.

Thanks! There's a slightly higher-res better quality version in the gallery. We haven't had a chance to upload the other shots from yesterday to the gallery yet. Worst internet connection ever.

I'm off to meet up with all the other others at the show floor to get y'all the latest greatest.

http://photos.nsmb.com/showimage.php?i=17440[HTML_REMOVED]catid=newimages

Sept. 26, 2007, 12:48 p.m.

whatever Jay rides doesn't count.

He's not normal…

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Sept. 26, 2007, 2:03 p.m.

There's a English expression that sums up that photo nicely "GOBSMACKED"

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Sept. 26, 2007, 2:29 p.m.

Great coverage boys anything on the Transition side of things.

Ditto, sick shot of Hoots!

Sept. 26, 2007, 5:04 p.m.

You mention the shuttle miscommunication wasting time.. but it strikes me as a bit daft to be demo'ing bikes from Vancouver based companies when you could do that one day next week from the office ;) [/$0.02]

Very jealous though.

Sept. 26, 2007, 6:31 p.m.

i wanted to know a little more about the intense-foes comparison. i'm riding a yeti asx right now, but soon it'll be leaving the household. i'm thinking of maybe going with a foes, but your feedback is the only stuff i've heard. the bike looks amazing though. as for intense, i'd probably be getting the 6.6 SS or uzzi, it really depends on what the two frame weights turn out to be. i climb a ton, as in i will take my bike on trail rides. i'll also be entering some dh races, but nothing gnarly enough to require more than 7 inches of travel. most of my riding is done on very technical singletrack that you can't shuttle, think trails like goat's gully and in deep in whistler. if you've been to santa cruz, california, that's where i ride quite a bit. got any words of wisdom?

Sept. 27, 2007, 8:31 a.m.

Some good shots of the new Canfield bikes would be nice. I've seen some shots of the new Jedi and want to know if there will be a 1.5" headtube version.

Jon-boy.

Sept. 27, 2007, 9:26 a.m.

You mention the shuttle miscommunication wasting time.. but it strikes me as a bit daft to be demo'ing bikes from Vancouver based companies when you could do that one day next week from the office ;) [/$0.02]

Very jealous though.

I was a bit surprised to see that as well. With so many companies that one never gets to sample, it does seem a bit confusing why any van-based bikes are being touched.

Either way it's nice to see some coverage.

i wanted to know a little more about the intense-foes comparison. i'm riding a yeti asx right now, but soon it'll be leaving the household. i'm thinking of maybe going with a foes, but your feedback is the only stuff i've heard. the bike looks amazing though. as for intense, i'd probably be getting the 6.6 SS or uzzi, it really depends on what the two frame weights turn out to be. i climb a ton, as in i will take my bike on trail rides. i'll also be entering some dh races, but nothing gnarly enough to require more than 7 inches of travel. most of my riding is done on very technical singletrack that you can't shuttle, think trails like goat's gully and in deep in whistler. if you've been to santa cruz, california, that's where i ride quite a bit. got any words of wisdom?

I can say from a few seasons of riding a 6.6, it is more than capable of the garbo trails as well as racing (did a few dh races on my 6.6). I have zero experience in a Foes so I cannot compare…sorry!

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

Sept. 27, 2007, 11:08 a.m.

Hey, just because it looks incredibly hairy doesn't mean that it is. Check out the grass in the pic.

Old MBAction trick, tilting the camera. Great shot, but it's not actually that steep…

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018

Sept. 27, 2007, 11:30 a.m.

Is the intense Socom the same as the one released this year in an FRO guise? Or is this a bit of a beefed up version?