Interbike 2007 - Dirt Demo 07 Day 2 Report

Sept. 27, 2007, 1:57 p.m.

miffed…From what i have been told by the boys @ intense, they are changing the HA a bit (IIRC, 1 degree) at the request of their riders. Aside from that, the bike will be the same. Of course, until it is available to the public, anything can change :P

smoke, you are a killer of the wow-factor! :lol:

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

Sept. 27, 2007, 4:27 p.m.

Pete Roggeman was on the Endorphin with the SL kit. Skinny tires, a longer stem and lighter components make this ride more skittish on rough terrain but Pete was really having problems. We swapped just before a steep loose section and I immediately got into trouble. With some tripodding I managed to save my skin from the desert grater but just barely. Pete was complaining that the front wheel wanted to jam into corners and he couldn't get any flow. Once my heart rate settled I realized the brakes were reversed and swapped levers is something I can't get used to.

:lol:

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 27, 2007, 9:14 p.m.

You mention the shuttle miscommunication wasting time.. but it strikes me as a bit daft to be demo'ing bikes from Vancouver based companies when you could do that one day next week from the office ;) [/$0.02]

Very jealous though.

not really ,you get to compare bikes in the same category back to back on the same terrain and you can all swap bikes mid run unless of course you are clipless

Sept. 27, 2007, 9:46 p.m.

Hey, just because it looks incredibly hairy doesn't mean that it is. Check out the grass in the pic.

Old MBAction trick, tilting the camera. Great shot, but it's not actually that steep…

Have you been to Bootleg Canyon Smoke?

The shot may be somewhat exagerated but it's a very steep and nasty line. One of the gnarlier lines I've seen for sure. Hootie is the only guy I've seen ride it in four years at DD.

Sept. 27, 2007, 10:05 p.m.

Just giving you a bad time. I know how photos work. A rad line doesn't usually make a good shot without some help.

Still, it would look gnar without the tilt. 'Cause the grass growing out at a 45 dgree angle just makes me think of MBA.

Or maybe Batman….

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018

Sept. 28, 2007, 9:18 a.m.

Or maybe Batman….

yeah, I was a bit suspicious when I saw Hoot's lean coming into the chute that he was either coming in way too hot or there was a bit of photo tiltage going on. I didn't notice the grass though. Oh well! Still a very cool pic and as Smoke says the camera always flattens stuff so you may as well compensate for it.

Still love the shot Fergs.

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

Sept. 29, 2007, 2:25 p.m.

[HTML_REMOVED]high fives smoke[HTML_REMOVED]

ride it like you stole it

Oct. 1, 2007, 11:04 p.m.

Pete Roggeman was on the Endorphin with the SL kit. Skinny tires, a longer stem and lighter components make this ride more skittish on rough terrain but Pete was really having problems. We swapped just before a steep loose section and I immediately got into trouble. With some tripodding I managed to save my skin from the desert grater but just barely. Pete was complaining that the front wheel wanted to jam into corners and he couldn't get any flow. Once my heart rate settled I realized the brakes were reversed and swapped levers is something I can't get used to.

ya, this was a mistake on our part! We had two journalists from the UK test the bike out first thing Monday morning (from Singletrack UK and Bikemagic.com). Somehow (not surpisingly given the chaos of dirt demo), these brakes - which were supposed to be switched back to "normal" - weren't. The bike was sent out repeatedly with the brakes set up moto style. Even crazier is the number of people that DIDN'T notice! however, in the end, we felt really bad about this because a rider crashed when riding a manual. Oops!

Noel

www.knollybikes.com
ph: (604) 324-6635
fx: (604) 324-6482

Oct. 1, 2007, 11:24 p.m.

regardless of the little pic tilt…………..that is still a sweet pic and I am sure a gnarly line. Way to go hoots and nice shot fergs.

** DIE TRYING* :007:
:canada: :england: :beer: :beer:

Oct. 11, 2007, 7:09 a.m.

Hey you mentioned the Kenda Nevegal tires on that bullit I was wondering were those a 2.5? Only reason I ask is I have one of the new 2007 bullits with the nevegals in a 2.5 and the tire rubbed all they way through my paint and into the frame on my seat tube and i have checked the shock length and it is correct 8.5x2.5 also.

Just wondering if anyone has heard of this?

They were 2.5s and I didn't notice any rubbing. We were in the desert, though, so there wasn't much in the way of clearance-testing conditions.

Oct. 11, 2007, 7:12 a.m.

Have you been to Bootleg Canyon Smoke?

The shot may be somewhat exagerated but it's a very steep and nasty line. One of the gnarlier lines I've seen for sure. Hootie is the only guy I've seen ride it in four years at DD.

I stood above it and to me, it wasn't the steepness that was gnarly, it was the braking precision required to hit the line properly without turning your steed into a bronco approaching mach speed. The crux is actually up above where the pic is taken - where Jay is pictured is the most dramatic shot, but not the hardest part of the line. He said it was sketchier down below, but to me it looked like setting up the line and speed up above was the trick. Either way, he rode it very impressively.

Oct. 11, 2007, 7:14 a.m.

ya, this was a mistake on our part! We had two journalists from the UK test the bike out first thing Monday morning (from Singletrack UK and Bikemagic.com). Somehow (not surpisingly given the chaos of dirt demo), these brakes - which were supposed to be switched back to "normal" - weren't. The bike was sent out repeatedly with the brakes set up moto style. Even crazier is the number of people that DIDN'T notice! however, in the end, we felt really bad about this because a rider crashed when riding a manual. Oops!

Noel

We still heart you, Noel - although that may be partly due to the scotch. The section we rode called for a lot of dual brake feathering, so I really only noticed a problem when I tried to drift it around a few turns - I remember thinking there was no way a Maxxis Larsen 2.1 up front should be biting like that. Now I know why…