Gear Shots #67 - 2011 Demo 8 frame, Mucky Nutz Fender, POC Lid

Feb. 2, 2011, 11:57 a.m.

how exactly does that press fit BB standard work..

can you use reg threaded BB shells or is this some kind of totaly new crank standard that requires new cranks ???

god i hope it requires new cranks.. i need a reason to check this frame off my "need to purchase list"

Hahaaa

thought i had it covered with the rear axle spacing but they went to 12X150, UGH, that means i cant use that as a reason to not buy teh frame..dam

There are adapters that press fit into the frame to allow you to use a standard BB if you don't have a PR 30.

Feb. 2, 2011, 12:26 p.m.

at least it isn't dragons, and skulls, and other cheesy graphics

ok so Rasta Stoner is ok but Tapout Tribal Douche isn't? got it.

ps I like the POC colours.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Feb. 2, 2011, 12:29 p.m.

ok so Rasta Stoner is ok but Tapout Tribal Douche isn't? got it.

ps I like the POC colours.

did a rasta insult you once?

ps I like the poc colours too

Feb. 2, 2011, 12:50 p.m.

There are adapters that press fit into the frame to allow you to use a standard BB if you don't have a PR 30.

83 mm BB shell by chance ?

Feb. 2, 2011, 1:10 p.m.

As for such "innovative" mud guards- just to warn, no negative comaing-a friend of mine had a similiar fender mounted securely to the forks. While riding a fire road a small rock got caught up betweeen the fender and the tire OTB'ing him.
As for me I have negative experience with such stuff.
I use good ol' tube and zip-ties.

sounds like another kid wanting to be a big shat on the interweb.

there's no way a tire would pickup a rock big enough to get it stuck between fork arch and tire.

:deadhorse:

omg gais my fwend ran those tube and ziptie fender and it picked up a big rock and threw it at the tube/fender and it sling shot the rock at my family jewels I'm the new lance armstrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9NOK0Bn-9Y

Feb. 2, 2011, 1:10 p.m.

83 mm BB shell by chance ?

Yes

Sustainable will be around forever.

Feb. 2, 2011, 1:44 p.m.

Yes

UGH, im officaly out of reasons i cant buy that frame…

oh oh…:clap:

Feb. 2, 2011, 2:05 p.m.

Sam's input changed the frame right away but all of his (and Brendan Fairclough's) modifications didn't make their ? into production until this year.

something's missing there cam…

Feb. 2, 2011, 5:03 p.m.

Thanks Sethimus. I wonder where I could put my email address where it was prominently displayed so people could email me directly with my errors! ;)

Another error is the weight. I'm not sure if my scale messed up or I recorded it incorrectly but the actual shock installed (steel spring) weight is 11.2 lbs or 5.08 kg.

Feb. 3, 2011, 9:24 a.m.

[QUOTE=Vegas Baby!
First time I tried on the POC half lid it felt like putting my head in a vagina. It fit that good. Robin had to ask me several times for it back…

So does that make you a dick head? (Or just my straight man) Sorry no offense but you walked into that one my man.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Feb. 3, 2011, 12:17 p.m.

Is there anywhere stocking the POC helmets in Vancouver? I'm in the market for a new one and this looks worth checking out.

Jon-boy.

Feb. 3, 2011, 12:41 p.m.

I hear that Steed will be stocking them but they won't arrive for a couple months. Snowcovers or maybe they are Skis and Bikes now are listed as a POC dealer but I think just snow helmets so far. And there's some "shop" in North Van behind Deakin that is supposed to be a dealer. Looks like Japanese snowboard rep according to the website.

I like the looks of that Trebec. "Don't put your head in jeopardy. Get a Trebec"

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Feb. 3, 2011, 12:45 p.m.

UGH, im officaly out of reasons i cant buy that frame…

oh oh…:clap:

They'll be sold out soon if they keep selling at the current rate. I got one of the last ano frames. Availability might be your perfect excuse;)

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Feb. 3, 2011, 1:21 p.m.

It also fits my misshapen noggin better than most helmets I have tried before.

By misshapen what shape is that? round, oblong? I have a strangely oblong head and only can get Specialized helmets to fit comfortably

Feb. 7, 2011, 9:59 p.m.

I hear that Steed will be stocking them but they won't arrive for a couple months. Snowcovers or maybe they are Skis and Bikes now are listed as a POC dealer but I think just snow helmets so far. And there's some "shop" in North Van behind Deakin that is supposed to be a dealer. Looks like Japanese snowboard rep according to the website.

I checked out that shop in North Van. It's called Yuho sports; a curious pokey little Korean sports store doing mainly ski stuff. They had POC ski lids there but the guy didn't understand Engrish very well. I showed the picture from NSMB on my iPhone and he nodded and made a phone call - one other guy in the store said the manager was away and I'd have to come back later.

I know you can buy these online but hard to drop $250 on this without trying it on first.