forbidden druid review

Jan. 16, 2021, 12:30 p.m.

What happened to the druid multi part review? First part was long time ago. When does the second part finally arrive? : )

Cheers from germany !

Last edited by: hoffentlich on Jan. 16, 2021, 12:30 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 22, 2021, 1:11 p.m.

Hello,

I guess we should have been more clear. 

The multi part was referring to the multiple parts and components I would be testing on that bike.

The XT drivetrain,

XT Brakes

Marzocchi Z1 Coil fork

Tires

etc.

I published a couple of other articles that include and highlight the Druid 

https://nsmb.com/articles/1967-mgb-gt--forbidden-bikes-druid-connection/

https://nsmb.com/articles/best-2020-denizs-list/

To avoid redundancy and repetition, unless something worth talking about comes up, I don't think we will talk about the Druid much more.

I am however happy to answer any questions you have as I still ride the bike.

Cheers

Feb. 11, 2021, 6:33 p.m.

I have a question.  How does heavy braking affect the feel of the rear suspension on the Druid? Is it a night and day difference between brakes on and off?  It's my one hesitation on this bike.

Feb. 12, 2021, 1:52 a.m.

With regard to the suspension under braking, it’s not day and night under light braking but it’s there. How much you notice might depend on the bike you’re coming from. The way I’m thinking about it as I adapt is not about how the suspension is limited, but how I’m robbing myself of the pop and acceleration the Druid offers when ridden best.

Last edited by: Heinous on Feb. 12, 2021, 1:53 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 22, 2021, 7:57 p.m.

I think that before the end of the summer I’ll have a Dreadnaught. 

These Forbidden’s are rad bikes.

May 30, 2021, 7:58 p.m.

Posted by: mhaager2

I have a question.  How does heavy braking affect the feel of the rear suspension on the Druid? Is it a night and day difference between brakes on and off?  It's my one hesitation on this bike.

I honestly can't tell the difference in suspension performance under heavy braking.

Feb. 19, 2022, 1:42 a.m.

This is a new development for the Druid - a cascade guard / keeper that replaces the lower roller so reduces drag a bit.

Removing the roller means the clutch in your derailleur will get a bit more of a work out, but if you’re in Shimano you can service it.

I’ve only had a couple rides on this but can report it holds the chain great and does seems to reduce chain drag a fraction.

The bad news? It’s noisy AF. I will run it further out (there’s very limited room to adjust position) and apply some mastik tape to hopefully sort the noise.

Aug. 20, 2022, 8:37 p.m.

Posted by: Ddean

I think that before the end of the summer I’ll have a Dreadnaught. 

These Forbidden’s are rad bikes.

Yeah you gotta appreciate what the team has done fr sure

Nov. 14, 2022, 3:40 p.m.

I posted this as a separate topic, but no responses so far,  so I thought I'd try it here. 

It's time for the 125 hr service on my DPX2 on my Druid. Given that it's a good bit of change I have been thinking about options. I like the shock ok, but feel like I want a bit more plushness out of the back. I don't want to go coil because most of my riding is continous short steep ups and downs and weight does matter here. Options I've thought about from cheapest to costliest. 

1. Smack stack mod by shock howse

2. DVO Topaz with custom tune

3. Rock shox super deluxe ultimate MY23 

Anyone have experience with any of these on a Druid? Thoughts?

Thanks for the input