Crankworx Slopestyle Wrap

Aug. 19, 2009, 10:20 a.m.

Mitch Chubey won the 2009 Monster Energy Slopestyle. That is my honestly biased opinion. Mitch won AIRprentice in 2007 and has been riding for our team ever since. I am fully aware that I have no ability to be objective about his performance. The Crankworx judges placed him 6th. While endeavouring to be more objective than I, they too have unconscious biases. Every time they see a rider's name on the web, in print or in a video that rider scores a recognition point. They are unable to judge Cam McCaul by the same standards as Mike Montgomery. Every time McCaul (or Paul B. or Claw or Zink etc.) lays down a move there is an extra association that gives his efforts more weight. I'm not saying this is unfair because every rider feeds through the same system - but any suggestion that juding in any event is objective is purely wishful thinking.

nsmb to focus on racing next season?

but srly is that pic with the girls ass showing is that shandro on teh far left in the red shirt gettin a pedo glare on? also the chick in the white glasses loves it

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 19, 2009, 11:36 a.m.

"Mitch's three flip was huge and dialled and his tailwhip off the Kokanee Kicker couldn't have been sweeter. "

I think should be a flip whip

"Mitch's flip whip was huge and dialled and his tailwhip off the Kokanee Kicker couldn't have been sweeter. "

Aug. 19, 2009, 11:57 a.m.

While I agree Chubey did exceptionally well this year, his runs were not better than the top three finishers. I do feel he should have deserved 4th.

That's my real biased opinion actually. As I mentioned above saying he should have won was hyperbole to prove a point.

"Mitch's three flip was huge and dialled and his tailwhip off the Kokanee Kicker couldn't have been sweeter. "

I think should be a flip whip

You are correct. My bad. Thanks. Does a three flip exist?

Aug. 19, 2009, 11:59 a.m.

but srly is that pic with the girls ass showing is that shandro on teh far left in the red shirt gettin a pedo glare on? also the chick in the white glasses loves it

Some dude that looks like Shandro.

Seriously though - you wouldn't have been looking? :lol: I would have.

Aug. 19, 2009, 12:45 p.m.

My thoughts:

I think that is horrendous…..

i mean c'mon………..

Maroon coloured jeans? what was she thinking!

Aug. 19, 2009, 1:09 p.m.

hey cam, the dirttv vid shows the best trick in slow mo and you can see him grab the seat…

Aug. 19, 2009, 2:06 p.m.

That's my real biased opinion actually. As I mentioned above saying he should have won was hyperbole to prove a point.

Does a three flip exist?

Yes it exists, not done very often though and sometimes its quite similar to off axis 7s (think lunn @ washington a couple years ago) although usually they look a little more like a flip. Mirra has been doing no-handed ones for a couple years now over the big jumps at the x-games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQU9qLiMe68

If I recall a teaser from a recent video I think I saw one on a mountian bike (lifecyles or barred for life maybe).

Nice write up. Having not seen any of it this year I don't really want to weight in to much on the results. I will say though that if you select your judges correctly they will have no problem distinguishing between when something is opposite and when it isn't. Again I have no idea if the judges failed to notice this distinction or not when they awarded scores so I won't jump to condem their decisions.

Aug. 19, 2009, 5:31 p.m.

if mitch chubey HAD done an actual three flip in his run, then he might have deserved to have won. Should have been fifth not sixth certainly. good job mitch.

other things, cam zink OVER rotated his front flip, which is unbelievably hard to do