Crankworx Slopestyle Report Part 1

Aug. 19, 2008, 9:33 p.m.

There were a lot of crazy and interesting elements to this year's comp. Here's part one of what we thought about it.

Take me there...

Aug. 19, 2008, 10:19 p.m.

Definatly thought claw should have qaulified. How is it that in the finals, Cams first run gets like an 80 or something like that then he does the exact same run but with an extra backflip then gets a 88. Dont think thats right. Definatly way better then last years though. Would have been nice if they got driven up for second runs that way we dont have to stand around 20 or so minutes longer.

Aug. 19, 2008, 10:20 p.m.

Great Article…some awesome pics!!!

Aug. 19, 2008, 10:29 p.m.

Would have been nice if they got driven up for second runs that way we dont have to stand around 20 or so minutes longer.

Shuttles were there for the riders, they just chose to walk up the course after their first run. 3 of them got driven up.

I ride Bikes

Aug. 19, 2008, 11:59 p.m.

They should have had 12 finalists IMO… 8 didnt seem like enough

2005 A-lline upgraded… 1250 OBO!

Aug. 20, 2008, 1:08 a.m.

I think they should have 13, that way Tyler McCaul makes the finals, Crankworks 2007 - 13th. Qashqai Milan - 13th. Qashqai Munich - 13th.

**Big thanks to:

Morpheus Cycles
Industry Nine Componentry
RaceFace
- Velocity Cycles - **

Aug. 20, 2008, 1:11 a.m.

then people complain the competition is too long.

:canada:

Aug. 20, 2008, 8:07 a.m.

The comp was ten times better than last year, outside of the controversies surrounding why neither Boyko or Berrecloth weren't in the finals. I guess a better explanation will come with the second half of the report.

It isn't a party until someone capsizes the giant Kokanee can.

When I saw that coming down I thought maybe it was Eammon's Redbull and Vodkas talking… but alas it was true. Apparently they arrested the guy who jumped from one of the chairlfit towers onto the top of it.

Great work for all those that put on the show…

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

Aug. 20, 2008, 8:10 a.m.

….pretty weak for Laconde-gay to come up with the win for one trick. We all know Brandon was killing it! How about that live coverage on the net? Sic huh! Who would've thought, live slopestyle in 2008?

Aug. 20, 2008, 8:19 a.m.

….pretty weak for Laconde-gay to come up with the win for one trick. We all know Brandon was killing it! How about that live coverage on the net? Sic huh! Who would've thought, live slopestyle in 2008?

personally I thought andreu had a great run… he was super smooth and the two superman's were pretty sick.

"Jumps aren't dangerous by themselves… confidence, now thats dangerous"

Aug. 20, 2008, 9:26 a.m.

….pretty weak for Laconde-gay

I get it…Gay. Instead of guy. You crack me up. Do you write your own material?

In my books Andreu is as solid as they come. On the way to the airport he took the time to stop in and see Justin Wyper at Lions Gate Hospital. If that makes you gay I'll take that over straight every time.

the pic with bearclaw and strait with a bunch of empties sitting around them tells the story why they did not qualify……………

I'm not sure that alcohol can affect what you did earlier in the day. This shot was taken during the finals when they were already done. Or are you saying they got bumped because they are the sort of riders who consume beer? If that's the case it's surprising that anyone made the finals.

Aug. 20, 2008, 9:33 a.m.

the pic with bearclaw and strait with a bunch of empties sitting around them tells the story why they did not qualify……………

I wasn't going to dignify that comment with a responce but I can't help myself. You sir are an F'n tool. After working yer bag off and not qualifying, you don't think you should have a couple cold ones? Yank you are a very unwanted quest and you should kindly show yourself the door.
and maybe on the way out grab a long neck and shove it up yer ass

Aug. 20, 2008, 9:38 a.m.

I wasn't going to dignify that comment with a responce but I can't help myself. You sir are an F'n tool. After working yer bag off and not qualifying, you don't think you should have a couple cold ones? Yank you are a very unwanted quest and you should kindly show yourself the door.
and maybe on the way out grab a long neck and shove it up yer ass

That may be taking it a little far JJ.

You are welcome to disagree but diverse opinions are also welcome here. Think how boring it would be if we all agreed? Some people have strong opinions about the use of alcohol for good reason. An example would be that my wife's mother was killed by a drunk driver when she was 4. I don't see an issue with them putting back a few either but not everyone sees it that way and they are entitled to that opinion.

Aug. 20, 2008, 9:50 a.m.

^^not to completely derail this thread but, cam i have lost people to drinking and driving as well and i take that very seriously. if they were near a vehicle in the picture i wouldn't of commented. Yank's comments semed very slanderous, as if darren and kyle didn't make the finals due to drinking which is rediculous. youre right though everyone can have their own opinion and perhaps yank should merely shove a stubby bottle up his ass as opposed to the long neck i suggested. :)
peace

Aug. 20, 2008, 10:05 a.m.

I missed the Slopestyle for a getaway with the family so I'm super bummed. Go211.com had the whole Best Trick Showdown up for replay the day after the event and now they have like three lame highlight vids, weak! Hook it up NSMB, where are the videos?

I gotta see the Claw send a flip. Not that I can flip or ride with even a fraction of his skill, but it seemed crazy to me that he won quashquai last year and he couldn't even send a flip in competition. Then his cockeyed effort into the lake in Seasons left me thinking it was never gonna happen, but you say he sent one in prelims? I'd pay money to see that! Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but I like him better as a big mountain guy and not a DJ slopestyler now that everyone is sending flip variations. In the Best Trick Showdown there were crazy variations coming out and he throws the same old super seater that put him on the map in the Rampage saga like what, 6 years ago? He builds a sick course (Invitational last year for example) and he is super smooth on knarly ridgelines, but his time is up in comparison to the new generations on the trick front.