Crankworx Slopestyle Invitees Announced

May 27, 2009, 10:54 p.m.

That's 7 names, and after taking into account the 6 tba/wildcard spots, that leaves up to 2-7 more confirmed names to get to a total of 15-20. Who should be on the list? Groves [HTML_REMOVED] Watts after winning last year's Trick Showdown? Or someone else instead? It's time to name names.

Gully should be in i think,no ofence to some one like "Andrew Taylor", or "Kelly Megary" but from a spectator point of view i would much rather watch geoff shred. and how the hell does some one like Andrew get a automatic invite and Darren Berrecloth doesnt? whats up with that? to be honest i am so over this slopestyle thing, their are way to many politics.

…wyper…

May 27, 2009, 11:40 p.m.

i heard someone say that the clock doesnt lie

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 27, 2009, 11:45 p.m.

It's all sponsorship money. Big sponsors are getting their riders in: Adidas, Kona, Monster, Redbull, etc.

Those who could be on the list need to tour the the slopestyle events, as they should anyway because it is their job, and earn a spot on the roster.

Then why isn't Berrecloth in? Because he's on Red Bull rather than another drink? Same thing with Eyewear?

June 1, 2009, 11:16 a.m.

While I do appreciate that coming up with an effective format is difficult, something about this one is wrong. A lot of the riders up there are great and deserve that invite but some of them are rediculous. The fact that Kelly McGary is taking the place of a Gulevich, Kasprick, any rider that doesn't look like a train wreck on two wheels…, is showing that something is wrong. I have seen this guy ride; he is sketchy as fuck. Furthermore, he is more or less a no name in the industry. As was stated above, it is also pretty rediculous that the only option for qualifying is a best trick event. This is like going to the olympics for the 800 and having to qualify in a 100 m dash. This means that some no-talent ass clown is going to huck a double backflip or something and get in while some much better, much more consistent well-rounded rider will be sitting on the sidelines.

June 1, 2009, 11:33 a.m.

Then why isn't Berrecloth in? Because he's on Red Bull rather than another drink? Same thing with Eyewear?

I should replace factual tone of my post with one of speculation.

June 1, 2009, 11:35 a.m.

While I do appreciate that coming up with an effective format is difficult, something about this one is wrong. A lot of the riders up there are great and deserve that invite but some of them are rediculous. The fact that Kelly McGary is taking the place of a Gulevich, Kasprick, any rider that doesn't look like a train wreck on two wheels…, is showing that something is wrong. I have seen this guy ride; he is sketchy as fuck. Furthermore, he is more or less a no name in the industry. As was stated above, it is also pretty rediculous that the only option for qualifying is a best trick event. This is like going to the olympics for the 800 and having to qualify in a 100 m dash. This means that some no-talent ass clown is going to huck a double backflip or something and get in while some much better, much more consistent well-rounded rider will be sitting on the sidelines.

Aren't there a small selection of ss comps that will allow the winners to move onto the CW roster?

June 1, 2009, 4:48 p.m.

what a joke.

June 19, 2009, 9:23 a.m.

Lance just snapped his ankle, so he's out.