Cougar Spotted in Squamish -- Trail Closures

Aug. 8, 2011, 9:12 p.m.

An 'aggressive' cougar was spotted by riders prompting conservation officers to close down a number of trails in the Alice Lake region.

Trail closures here...

Aug. 9, 2011, 7:52 a.m.

Damn and we were planning a company ride (no joke) in the area soon. Thanks for the post!

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

Aug. 9, 2011, 7:58 p.m.

Wow, I was up in that area on Sunday. Did my first lap on Credit Line and didn't see/hear anything, however on my 2nd lap on Entrails I got this really weird feeling like something was watching me. It was really eerie, I looked around but didn't see anything, anyways I booked it outta there pretty quick.

Later on I ran into a decent sized black bear sitting in the middle of the trail. Luckily he bolted into the woods as soon as he saw me!

Aug. 9, 2011, 8:32 p.m.

By the time you see a cougar it's already too late. Really how dare that beast be hungry for humans. can't eat deer everyday:scream:, hopefully they don't kill it like that mama bear in Anmore, damn humans. Go cougar go!

Aug. 10, 2011, 6:36 a.m.

They aren't going to get it; they are using the wrong bait. Don't they know cougars like bellinis?

(OK, so I borrowed that one…)

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

Aug. 10, 2011, 10:02 p.m.

We were up there on Sunday too, riding Value Added. We rolled right past a Conservation Officer's truck on Mashiter trail, and I wondered about cougars for a moment… then carried on our merry way. Its creepy to think of what might be eyeing you up as dinner as you're riding along obliviously!

Shame about the closures, as the trails are in fantastic shape!!!

Aug. 10, 2011, 10:08 p.m.

Glad I rode Garibaldi on Saturday

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 14, 2011, 6:51 a.m.

Anyone have an update on this?

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.