Core Shop - Ken Maude and Lynn Valley Bikes

March 22, 2012, 12:01 a.m.

Ken Maude and Rick Loader recently celebrated their second year of business at the base of Fromme. In this Core Shop segment, we talk to Ken about his history on the Shore and how he got to where he is now.

Read on here...

flickr

March 22, 2012, 12:04 a.m.

right on ken and big loads!

March 22, 2012, 7:27 a.m.

Nice article! These guys unlocked their door for me after hours one day to sell me a spoke. That's the right attitude.

March 22, 2012, 10:20 a.m.

best dudes out there. no doubt.

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon

March 22, 2012, 10:58 a.m.

I rode with Max one of there mechanics at whistler ,Him and his friend rode all the big boy lines ,this season id be willing to spend more time exploring and hanging out ,never been in the shop but handy to have something close to the bottom of fromme.

"Looks like a Canoe with the seats kicked out of it !"

March 22, 2012, 11:28 a.m.

All great guys at the shop; if you have not been in there check it out.

Ken/Rick when are you going to TAP a trail on Fromme ? I be looking forward to seeing some of your thoughts for trail changes !!

March 22, 2012, 12:34 p.m.

Ken was actually my BDC Rep for a while before he moved on…good guy. Helped me secure a key loan to grow our business, and he was good at what he did. That said, I knew when he asked me to hold a business meeting at Old Buck, and the meeting that ensued riding Seymour, that this guy just didn't have his heart in banking.

Good luck Ken!

~Mike Meade.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

March 22, 2012, 12:40 p.m.

I've been going to their shop since they opened for business. Good guys, really knowledgable and great service.

March 22, 2012, 3:12 p.m.

Lynn is the best shop I've been in for quality of service and how they treat their customers. I can pop in and they know me by name, and when I do need something they're awesome at making sure I get the right parts that fit my bike and riding style.

Right on guys!

March 22, 2012, 3:30 p.m.

I love reading stuff like this! I've known Kenny since the Robson Cycle days where he was always super encouraging about my racing even though I was probably that annoying kid that came in! We ended up working together at John Henry for years after that where Rick also was at the time. Both have and continue to be such stand up guys. It's so great to see them strike out on their own and build the type of shop they've always envisioned. Best of luck as always!!

March 23, 2012, 8:58 a.m.

I cannot say enough good things about Rick, Kenny and now their staff. They are courteous, welcoming, extremely knowledgeable, are good business men (not all good people can run a successful business, that's for sure), and finally are passionate about what they do. This is felt in all and any interaction, be it regarding a sale, trail inquiry, or on the spot service repair.

Rick has built most of my wheels. The quality of his builds allow me to use anorexic 29" XC rims for full-time trail use. A strong testament to his experience and skill.

Arthur Gaillot
Suspension Therapy

e [email protected]
ph 604 312 0876
www.suspension-therapy.com