Contour iPhone App is here.

March 22, 2011, 8:15 a.m.

There have been rumblings and sneak peaks - but now you can get your mitts on everything you need.

Details here...

March 22, 2011, 9:28 a.m.

That's f'ing cool!

March 22, 2011, 9:47 a.m.

nice. might have to pick one up. I have the GoPro with the lcd bacpack but still limited in being able to change the settings and line up the shots

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

March 22, 2011, 11:10 a.m.

Really excited for this…such a great idea.

March 22, 2011, 11:39 a.m.

This really is what can make multi purpose touch screens so useful.

Now instead of having to have a stupid screen on the back of everything you can just have one quality one that can connect and rule them all.

March 22, 2011, 1:15 p.m.

Also it seems like an Android app is on it's way too, with the bonus of not requiring you to buy the $29.99 Connectview card to put in your camera.

March 22, 2011, 2:16 p.m.

Awesome!

But my only issue is that I cannot imagine battery life would be very good on either the phone or the camera. Until Bluetooth 2 is being used more frequently BT is going to continue to drain the hell out of batteries in a hurry.

Just noticed though that there may be an android app which will allow you to carry a spare battery, that would be pretty useful.

March 22, 2011, 2:37 p.m.

Also it seems like an Android app is on it's way too, with the bonus of not requiring you to buy the $29.99 Connectview card to put in your camera.

Not sure how 'Android' could do away with hardware, considering it's an OS and not a hardware platform. Methinks the camera reviewer is in a little over their head with the technology.

iforonewelcome.com

March 22, 2011, 2:50 p.m.

Not sure how 'Android' could do away with hardware, considering it's an OS and not a hardware platform. Methinks the camera reviewer is in a little over their head with the technology.

Not sure, but according to the official response on this thread on Contour's support forum:

David Whitefield, (Official Rep), commented 2 months ago

HI tylerdeangelo,
Your camera will have the Bluetooth chip inside and will just need a firmware update to activate it. If you are going to use it with an iPhone you will need a Connect View card to operate it with the app, this will be retailed separately . I hope that helps.
Cheers,
Dave

Kiwi, Official Rep, replied 2 hours ago

To enable Bluetooth for use with an Android device on the ContourGPS camera you will need: A firmware update for Android Bluetooth, the Android App, and your Android device. You will not need the Connect View card.

Since it's an OS problem, I would guess it's an API issue?

March 22, 2011, 3:04 p.m.

Needs a crackberry app.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 22, 2011, 3:21 p.m.

Put the order in for my connectview today. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

06 - Giant Faith2 - New pedals - the ones they put on stock must have been a joke.. i did not laugh

Www.shorerider.com

March 23, 2011, 2:26 p.m.

Not sure, but according to the official response on this thread on Contour's support forum:

Since it's an OS problem, I would guess it's an API issue?

probably the same problem why you can't fill you iphone with music over bt