Cam Zink spins to Rampage victory in 2010

Oct. 4, 2010, 12:37 a.m.

Cam Zink put another nail in the coffin of his doubters with a vituoso performance at the 2010 Red Bull Rampage.

Tell us what you think of the results/judging below.

Here's some info...

Oct. 4, 2010, 2:12 a.m.

Awesome contest, Rampage just dosnt dissapoint.
I thought Bearclaws run should have seen him in 2nd, by far the most technical line choice with some tricks as well.

Oct. 4, 2010, 3:25 a.m.

Zink's trick was mighty impressive 'n all but it was only one trick on a line many others rode. If the contest was who can trick off the oakley sender then he won hands down, but it wasn't. I would have had Bearclaw or Lacondeguy winning with Gee 3rd and Zink 4th.

I'd like to see a replay but I thought Lacondeguy's first run was awesoome. Claw should have won but for a few dabs, even then I think he could well have won. Considering it's supposed to be a big mountain contest, he showed the world who the best big mountain rider is.

RIDE BIKES. DIG TRAILS. DRINK BEER. TALK CRAP

Oct. 4, 2010, 7 a.m.

won
left

Oct. 4, 2010, 7:25 a.m.

i agree with jimjam.

did not see berrecloth's run but lacondeguy's 1st run was in my opinion nothing worse then atherton's run. if they timed the run than atherton was the fastest for sure ;-)

Oct. 4, 2010, 9:17 a.m.

that 3-drop of zink is going to be everywhere in the near future.

I'd say that Cam, Darren and Gee had amazing runs, but other guys like geof, andrea, kyle, and Vanderham for me were also truely inspiring. Tough luck for Graham, kurt and Mike as they woulda had the capacity to rearrange that leaders board.

Cam had the Banger, but the rest of his run was pretty quiet, whereas Gee and the claw had complete packages.

Oct. 4, 2010, 9:33 a.m.

Judging will always be a bit controversial, that's just the way it is. I haven't seen any finals footage except for the highlights video so my point of view may be a bit off. But as far as I recall correctly, a few years ago everyone was complaining about the Crankworx judges giving Paul Bas a higher score for an overall very good run than they gave to Darren Barrecloth for an okay run plus the huge 360 off the roadgap.

That aside, I'm stoked to see how the level of riding has stepped up. I thought just a few riders would give that Oakley Icon Sender a shot but turns out someone even 360d it!? That's insane. I don't care whether it's supposed to be a big mountain huck event or big mountain slopestyle or whatever, I'm just excited to see events like this and I'm glad that nobody got injured seriously. What an amazing way to end this season.

Oct. 4, 2010, 9:48 a.m.

Cam Zink put another nail in the coffin of his doubters with a virtuoso performance at the 2010 Red Bull Rampage.

Tell us what you think of the results/judging below.

Here's some into...

Holy cow Cam,

How tired were you when you wrote this?

Zink "spids" to victory? "Into", is that "Intomation"?

"Rampage was nearly one by a rider"?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 4, 2010, 9:54 a.m.

didn't PB kids get to vote on it also?

I guess when you do something huge they dont care about rest of the stuff. zink was too much of a pussy to pull other tricks

Oct. 4, 2010, 9:57 a.m.

Holy cow Cam,

How tired were you when you wrote this?

Zink "spids" to victory? "Into", is that "Intomation"?

"Rampage was nearly one by a rider"?

Kn.

This proves you actually can get good booze in Utah.

Oct. 4, 2010, 10:03 a.m.

either that, or he's now writing articles off the blackberry in the airplane toilet.

Oct. 4, 2010, 10:11 a.m.

To be honest…I believe Cam Zink deserved the first place…however….the rest of the spots…definetly not agreed at all…

Lacondeguy…perhaps is the spot he deserves…4th….but Gee 2nd…!!!?? I mean, I see some saying that Cam only put one trick and that's it…well, Gee put one and that's it…the gap to wall-ride, yeah huge…but it's yet more complex and bally Zinks 360…

Now, the Claw…how the hell did he get 3rd…he deserved to go 2nd…minimun…if not, put a beer contest to solve it between Zink and Darren…his line was a savage one…just the take off was insane, real true and pure big mountain there…

Lacondeguy…well, I'm not one of his fans…definetly not…and his run, well, yeah, he put a backflip on the step up…but he does that ALL THE TIME…Binggeli did it and he is a DH racer…

The Rampage has evolve…and by means, this is not sending in a hugemongus cliff praying to God to landed…it means you have to proof you are a versatile racer…

I recall Gracia's words…freeriding was for guys who are too chicken to race….well, Rampage evolved to put this words to a false side…you have to race (you have 4minutes to get down) but at the same time, you have to put a show…

Now…nobody talk about Straits run…I think that one was more impressive that Lacondeguy…he said at Crankworx everything was too small…well, Rampage gave him the OSender and just jumped…Strait no-handered…

But anyhow…the owesome thing that happened…No one got seriously hurt…thank God…'cause this year, they really push the limits up…huge obstacules…

Carlos Gutierrez
Costa Rica Freeride & Downhill

Oct. 4, 2010, 10:33 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cns4lXV9odA

Oct. 4, 2010, 10:42 a.m.

About Berrecloths run….

he bobbled at the top then he stopped at the bottom, took his helmet off and pushed his bike to the finish.

If you're judging "style / technique" and "fluidity" what the hell are you supposed to do with that? Until he went through the finish gate, he was still "on his run" and still getting judged. It sucks, because other than that, I agree he had the best run from what I saw, but stopping before the finish probably screwed his score.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Oct. 4, 2010, 10:50 a.m.

just watched the finals vid, aside from the big ole 3, zink's run was kinda blah…..I dunno, reaffirmed my opinion that judged events suck the big one…..great riding from a lot of folks regardless, DB's line was creative and gnar, goes to show that regardless of criteria set out for judging, personal opinion and bias about what one likes to see is prevalent….