Alex Pro resigns from Team Young Guns

June 20, 2011, 11:36 p.m.

A short news release regarding Alex.

June 21, 2011, 1:12 a.m.

message from a far removed scottish rider.

really sorry for you Alex, no doubt you will be taking some shit for this, and you deserve that at least. however we have all been young once and all done some dumb shit without thinking of the consequences…. but most of us werent lucky enough to blessed with sponsorship deals… and so you are paying a higher price than most young men who do something dumb. the lesson here for you is to not let it lead you the wrong way from that point onwards. deal with it like a man. Own up to what you have done, you will be more respected for it and hopefully it will be the last dumb thing you do for many decades yet… lesson learned i hope.

thoughts are with you and keep the chin up :lastweek: , from a 'dissapointed in vancouver' scotsman

June 21, 2011, 6:04 a.m.

message from a far removed scottish rider.

really sorry for you Alex, no doubt you will be taking some shit for this, and you deserve that at least. however we have all been young once and all done some dumb shit without thinking of the consequences…. but most of us werent lucky enough to blessed with sponsorship deals… and so you are paying a higher price than most young men who do something dumb. the lesson here for you is to not let it lead you the wrong way from that point onwards. deal with it like a man. Own up to what you have done, you will be more respected for it and hopefully it will be the last dumb thing you do for many decades yet… lesson learned i hope.

thoughts are with you and keep the chin up :lastweek: , from a 'dissapointed in vancouver' scotsman

well said. :beer:

June 21, 2011, 7:08 a.m.

OK i'll bite, what did he do?

June 21, 2011, 7:10 a.m.

OK i'll bite, what did he do?

go have a look in the main forum for a recap, no need to rehash it all again in another thread.

June 21, 2011, 8:01 a.m.

Wow, so much for a missed opportunity.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

June 21, 2011, 8:18 a.m.

Let no single moment in time ever define who a person is.

As we age who we become is a collection of our experience. Our ability to pick up the pieces and soldier on is the true test of resolve. We either rise to the challenge or crumble under the pressure.

We all have the ability to forgive mistakes. The hardest part is often forgiving our own mistakes.

We have all made mistakes of judgement in our lives. If we were all perfect life would be a boring affair.

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

June 21, 2011, 8:22 a.m.

Hard lesson learned… everyone can now move on.

June 21, 2011, 9:12 a.m.

I've known Alex and his family for over 10 years. I can say without reservation that what happened in Vancouver does not reflect the kind of person Alex really is.
I don't excuse what happened, and Alex is going to have to pay the price for it, but everyone needs to know that this is a great guy with a great future who made one big mistake.

I support you Alex. Stay strong bro. Take this on the chin like a man, then get up and keep going.

Shawn Beaudoin
Whistler Ski and Bike Patrol

freakin squamish hicks that can't even get pogey right. go back to your meth pipe

June 21, 2011, 9:38 a.m.

If he's a good a person as everyone says he is, and I've got no reason to believe otherwise, he'll make his ammends, pay the price and get back on his feet. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how you learn and rebuild from them that defines you as a person.

Maybe the witch hunt can soon come to an end. The satisfaction that some people are getting from sending emails to his employers and posting up replies is getting eerily similar to the cheering of the rioters. Let the authorities deal with it as a legal issue. Vigilante justice isn't much better than the riot itself.

June 21, 2011, 10:07 a.m.

I didn't know what "Team Young Guns" was so I went and looked it up.

From the facebook page it appears to be a team affiliation with a number of sponsors.

Sponsored by: Commencal, Shimano, FOX, FSA/Gravity, MRP, Maxxis, SDG, EVOC and Oakley

June 21, 2011, 10:12 a.m.

This is something I can get behind.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 21, 2011, 10:14 a.m.

Maybe the witch hunt can soon come to an end. The satisfaction that some people are getting from sending emails to his employers and posting up replies is getting eerily similar to the cheering of the rioters. Let the authorities deal with it as a legal issue. Vigilante justice isn't much better than the riot itself.

hear hear

June 21, 2011, 10:20 a.m.

Best to apologize, own up to it like a man [HTML_REMOVED] move on, being sure to not make that kind of mistake again. Take the penalty, learn from your mistakes.

Thread killer

June 21, 2011, 11:05 a.m.

Let no single moment in time ever define who a person is.

I agree. If he's an awesome guy, then new sponsors will see that and he can start his life over.

Anyone caught up in this mess can easily turn it to a positive; eg. like someone mentioned already, become a speaker in high schools to demonstrate the consequences of your actions and prevent it from happening to others.