AIRprentice Run Off - Paul Stevens' Fatal Blow?

Aug. 5, 2010, 10 p.m.

Paul is back on a bike all by himself - and he seems to be enjoying himself.

Is this comp done like dinner? Anyone have a dissenting opinion?

Here's how he has wrapped up the 'blog off'...

Aug. 5, 2010, 10:12 p.m.

I think it is a fatal blow since I havent read anything from Ian, Paul has been on the ball on all his blogs and kept up even though he was fighting injury. Good work Paul I enjoyed what youve done and you deserve the win imo..

Aug. 5, 2010, 10:17 p.m.

it's too bad ian didn't put a bit more effort into it. IMO paul pretty much wins hands down - i think he'll be a huge asset to your team. to anyone's team actually.

Aug. 5, 2010, 10:29 p.m.

I'm surprised how little effort Ian put in. Maybe he has other projects on the go? I can't see any other reason why a rider wouldn't even try, considering the prize.

Paul could have won over steeper competition; it's often more fun to watch a close match than a blowout.

At least in a blowout you're sure that the winner was the most deserving.

Good work Paul.

Aug. 5, 2010, 11:25 p.m.

No contest?

Aug. 6, 2010, 12:48 a.m.

Paul has to take it. He always had some entertaining blogs up with a few nice pictures. Killer rider too.
I'd stumble across Ian's stuff on Pinbike before I saw any of it on here, he didn't want it. Paul wins!

Aug. 6, 2010, 1:39 p.m.

A good blog every week - can see Specialized being happy with that kind of connection with the public/ mtb industry.
Well done Paul - great riding, great presentation, well written content and good support from friends - an all round good addition to team NSMB.

Everyday on a bicycle is a good day!!

Aug. 6, 2010, 1:54 p.m.

Great work all around by Paul! Riding and writing speaks volumes and as LG said; he'll be a great addition to any team.

Ian who? His video showcased some sweet riding, but I cannot remember reading much from him.

Aug. 6, 2010, 2:03 p.m.

this is the proverbial nail in the coffin

Aug. 6, 2010, 3:29 p.m.

Paul all the way…his writing is great and his vids are even better. The only video I saw from Ian was from before the contest I think…just seems he didn't have his heart in it.

Aug. 6, 2010, 3:37 p.m.

Ian is a great rider and a pretty nice guy to hang around with but there is more to being a professional than that. I have a ton of respect for him and I am pretty sure he will do great things.

But…..

This contest has played out exactly as I anticipated with Paul showing his style, humour, passion and hunger for the spot on the team while Ian put in little, if any, effort.

Maybe Ian has a ton of other things on the go and that is awesome if he does but Paul has clearly shown he is more motivated.

I think it was really great of Cam and the NSMB team to give them both a chance to show us what they could bring.

My vote (pretending it counts for anything) is for Paul, hands down. He would bring a whole new vibe to the team and clearly provide us all with many entertaining video's and posts.

Click Me

Aug. 6, 2010, 9:58 p.m.

I think Ian is too busy being 19 and having fun, especially in this town….Paulo for the win for sure, you show the effort and people will recognize…..Ian is young and has a bright future….

mtbskierdad

Aug. 7, 2010, 12:01 a.m.

No contest?

bingo, this wasn't even close….

Aug. 8, 2010, 8:56 p.m.

unfortunatley being 19 and having fun in Wis often turns into 40 and having fun in Wis.

I am seriously dissapointed in Ians effort myself. Not too many rides out there these days.

Free bikes is free bikes kids.

Being cool and not commiting is not cool.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Aug. 9, 2010, 2:59 a.m.

I agree to the others, reading the blog was inspirational (at least for me, take it easy one me, since I am old and non-local). A person who can put the emotions about riding into such fitting and well-thought out words just deserves to be on a team that not only pushes the boundaries but which takes good care of presenting a supportable image for the sport and the sponsors.

My favorite quote which made me lol:

Sometimes this hunger makes you feel like the best way to release those weeks of pent up energy is by sprinting flat out into uber-gnar epic steep-a-tron in a protein-fuelled rage fest. In reality, this is just the best way to acquire yourself a ticket back to your bed for another few weeks, where the closest you will get to experiencing sweet trails is the loam that falls out of your roommate's shorts when he comes home from the woods.

You continue reading and have the feeling that Paul is not only adept at using language in a nice way, but like with a good novel or movie you are sucked in, read and watch the pictures and you just want to get out and ride yourself and think about life and riding. Beautiful.

I personally think that Paul is the winner.

:beer:

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer