2014 Cove Hustler 650BJ

Jan. 12, 2014, 12:58 p.m.

I too find the Cove naming convention dumb, and it detracts from my interest in the brand, but if that's how they want to play the game then that's fine.

Jan. 12, 2014, 5:26 p.m.

yeah i do expect them to change their naming conventions. the bad joke was over years ago, yet someone there, i assume a majority of some kind, still thinks they're being clever and witty. they embarrass themselves. the majority of the population trends toward a more mature sense of humor with age. i'm funny as ever, for example. i still think farts and poop are fun/funny, in their context. yet i and the majority of my friends in their 20s/30s/40s find these names tiresome and lame, enough to make me disinterested in what otherwise appears to be a potentially decent bike. that's bad for business, plain and simple.

As much as I like the Cove guys, their business, etc. I totally agree with you here. Their naming system probably turns off a lot of potential customers and doesn't attract any (aside from 13 year old boys, who don't have $4k to spend on a bike).

Jan. 12, 2014, 7:52 p.m.

If you like it buy it . if you don't , go buy a Trek.
But really complaining about what someone has the balls to financially back and try to make a living off of . what a waste of time and breath.

Or better yet , make your own decals .

But I am a guy who doesn't mind a fart joke , swears at work and home . drinks beer and has been caught sniffing a ladies saddle once or twice.

Jan. 12, 2014, 8:07 p.m.

as much as I roll my eyes too, Cove's stickers peel off really easily since there's no clear coat…

Jan. 13, 2014, 11:25 a.m.

The is why the current commenting system doesn't work.

From the comments on the article. Cove commented on the 650bj part of the name.

The 650 BJ was just a joke the name is “Hustler”

Jan. 13, 2014, 1:46 p.m.

i don't really care that much, my point is simply this: why not use a naming system that will be repulsive to no one. it just makes good business sense. i can't believe that more people think its cool than think the opposite. but maybe i'm wrong.

Jan. 13, 2014, 2:26 p.m.

my point is simply this: why not use a naming system that will be repulsive to no one. it just makes good business sense.

its not like there aren't enough bike companies willing to stamp milquetoast model names on their bikes: range, parker, blur, element, meta, tracer, genius, trance, process, sensor, YAWN; its as bad as the car industry. put it this way: when was the last time you gave a second thought to the name of a bike, let alone had a debate about it? i think cove's names are dumb but i appreciate their willingess to stand out and be a bit juvenile, keeps things marginally interesting in an otherwise soporific part of the industry

edit: shout outs to ibis for the hakkalügi (ew!), niner for the e(at)m(y)d(ust) (tsk, so competitive!) and surly for the straggler (oh the cheek!)

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Jan. 13, 2014, 2:35 p.m.

personally i can say that i have never even looked at cove bikes and that in part has to do w the lame names…IMO its hard to take them seriously…

Jan. 13, 2014, 5:29 p.m.

I've had a few Coves over the years. I didn't buy them for the names and it didn't make me hesitate when buying. Stickers can be removed or covered up. Why take these bikes so seriously? Yes they're expensive but they are just bikes to go ride in the woods.

There aren't a lot of bike manufacturers on the shore and it's a shame some potential customers are turned away. Maybe an alternate decal kit could be made available with generic names for those that ride to church.

Jan. 13, 2014, 9:26 p.m.

2 pages and not one mention of how it rides…..just tech weenie measurements and bitching about stickers.

nsmb has become MBA.

black diamond awesomeness.

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 13, 2014, 9:29 p.m.

….Maybe an alternate decal kit could be made available with generic names for those that ride to church.

Or those people who have kids or parents or dont need to be bombed w lame ass sexual innuendo every time they turn around…and yes for those who ride to church.. Yea those people too….

Jan. 13, 2014, 9:47 p.m.

nsmb has become MBA.

its true! your wit and brio are wasted on us, feel free to piss off somewhere more suitably awesome

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Jan. 13, 2014, 10:25 p.m.

its true! your wit and brio are wasted on us, feel free to piss off somewhere more suitably awesome

Chairlift ride up Narth is lonely brah!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 13, 2014, 10:28 p.m.

Most of us ride our bikes for fun. Sure the names of the different Cove models might seem a bit childish but that's also adding to the fun of it. As been stated already, there are many other bikes out there with non-offensive names for all of you prudes.

:fu:

GO HUCK YOUR SELF!

Jan. 13, 2014, 10:31 p.m.

But seriously,has anyone ridden one, or just taken photos of measuring tapes?

I'm honestly interested in seeing a review of this bike.

Ps. Go fuck yourself boomferrealz

Pastor of Muppets