2011 World Cup DH 2 - Finals Vid Added

June 6, 2011, 12:07 a.m.

A very exciting weekend of racing at Fort William.

Results, blurry screencaps and some commentary **here...

Finals vid added here...

June 6, 2011, 1:01 a.m.

Though I wasn't able to make it to the finals on Sunday (but I did see it on freecaster, haha) I was in Fort William on Friday to watch some of the practice… the track looked pretty crazy this year. Photos and videos don't do the course much justice either, it is gnarly in person. The riders make it look a lot smoother than it actually is. The section just before the road gap was rooty, muddy and rough, then road gap was huge in person and dropped into a ridiculously steep and loose, gravelly transition that was already developing some huge braking bumps by friday afternoon. A couple more sketchy corners after that made for some interesting spectating…

Too bad Stevie Smith had his near crash up top in the final. He made up a ton of time though and had a pretty respectable finish. I bet he would've been in the top 5 without that little incident. The young guys were killing it though! Brook MacDonald and Danny Hart (and others) will be the ones to watch out for, giving the veterans a run for their money this season.

June 6, 2011, 8:24 a.m.

Danny Hart killed it!

i googled majin super gay and this thread came up

June 6, 2011, 11:34 p.m.

Finals vid added here...

June 7, 2011, 12:29 p.m.

i remember watching Danny Hart racing 4x at crankworx last year and thinking holy sh%$ that dude HUALS and goes HUGE. amazing bike handler! nice to see him getting the results he deserves. future world champ right there…

So good to see the competition heating up with Gwin, the kiwi contingent and Danny pushing the vets.