2011 Transition Bandit

Dec. 6, 2010, 9:24 p.m.

Transtion tells us it climbs like a little bike and descends like a big bike.

Have a look here...

Dec. 6, 2010, 9:49 p.m.

Simple, clean - you might say classic Transition style.

Would love to throw a leg over one of these.

viperfunk.com

Dec. 6, 2010, 9:58 p.m.

Hmmm, comes in XL size. Interesting…

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

Dec. 7, 2010, 5:18 a.m.

It says the XL has a 24.6" ETT. That's not very big. I've also heard said that some bikes 'ride bigger than their ETT' (like the 2011 Demo's). If ETT is no longer an accurate guide to how big a bike is, what else can we use?

I'd like to see this bike in real life as well. Looks nice.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Dec. 7, 2010, 8:13 a.m.

It says the XL has a 24.6" ETT. That's not very big. I've also heard said that some bikes 'ride bigger than their ETT' (like the 2011 Demo's). If ETT is no longer an accurate guide to how big a bike is, what else can we use?

For DH bikes or bikes where you do a lot of out of the saddle descending, the "Reach and Stack" method is the best way to measure a bike, IMO. For bikes where you'll do a fair bit of in-the-saddle climbing, I think the ETT is still the most effective way to measure a bike.

FWIW, Kevin Menard (co-owner) is 6'4" and Sam B. is also in that same tall'ish range, so you could probably email those guys to see how the proto is fitting them so far. Just did a big ride with Kevin on Sunday (3,900 feet of climbing) and he was slaying it up and down on the Bandit.

Cheers,
EB

Dec. 7, 2010, 8:18 p.m.

For DH bikes or bikes where you do a lot of out of the saddle descending, the "Reach and Stack" method is the best way to measure a bike, IMO. For bikes where you'll do a fair bit of in-the-saddle climbing, I think the ETT is still the most effective way to measure a bike.

this

reach is calculated horizontally from the vertical line through the bb to the top of the head tube, so it's most relevant in "attack position". ett is the horizontal line from the top of the head tube to the line coming off your seat tube, so it's more relevant to seated climbing and riding. bikes with the same ett will differ in reach mostly based on their seat tube angles - a bike with a slacker seat tube angle will ride smaller out of the saddle than one with a steeper seat tube angle and the same ett. the bandit's seat tube angle is on the steep side, so it will likely ride "bigger" than its ett might suggest. worth noting that transition were part of the development of the reach+stack system

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Dec. 7, 2010, 11:45 p.m.

Looks pretty nice, may well end up being a replacement for my Coiler D!

Dec. 8, 2010, 12:05 p.m.

reach is calculated horizontally from the vertical line through the bb to the top of the head tube, so it's most relevant in "attack position". ett is the horizontal line from the top of the head tube to the line coming off your seat tube, so it's more relevant to seated climbing and riding.

pretty much

I'd say that Reach n Stack is still relevent to seated climbing/riding since there are lots of ways to adjust your seat position relative to your BB (ie slide saddle forward/back, layback posts etc…). I'd like to see RnS listed on more specs.

Good looking bike

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 8, 2010, 12:06 p.m.

Dear manufacturers could you please publish both ETT and R+S for your bikes?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Dec. 8, 2010, 12:11 p.m.

Dear manufacturers could you please publish both ETT and R+S for your bikes?

hey craw you better rep the $hit out of me for this: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aj5mViA7yQLIdDJ1LVJQYnRGV1MwQjhSOW9ZU2hRVUE[HTML_REMOVED]hl=en[HTML_REMOVED]authkey=CPTi5hM#gid=0

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Jan. 4, 2011, 12:50 a.m.

Anyone heard any more info n this?

Price?

Build?

Colour?

Posted via Mobile Device

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Jan. 5, 2011, 10:41 p.m.

looks sick!

yo