2011 Rock Shox BoXXer World Cup - First Look

Feb. 21, 2011, 6:43 p.m.

The BoXXer World Cup didn't get a huge makeover this year - but there are some significant tweaks.

Have a look here...

Feb. 21, 2011, 11:11 p.m.

I just got my new bike, so I haven't had a ton of saddle time, but I can certainly say I am impressed!

Just because I like boys doesn't mean I want to go out with Mike.

Feb. 22, 2011, 2:04 a.m.

I am still wondering why people continue to purchase these forks when they are known year after year to be uber high maintenance and have the shortest service life of any fork on the market?

Pretty much every person I know that rides em hard rebuilds em once every 2 weeks, I see that all the top WC guys are on them, but they are getting rebuilt with fresh parts on an almost daily basis.

8 out of 10 that I push on feel like poo as well?

Please people let me have it!

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Feb. 22, 2011, 7:57 a.m.

I am still wondering why people continue to purchase these forks when they are known year after year to be uber high maintenance and have the shortest service life of any fork on the market?

Pretty much every person I know that rides em hard rebuilds em once every 2 weeks, I see that all the top WC guys are on them, but they are getting rebuilt with fresh parts on an almost daily basis.

Maybe you shouldn't burn that bridge since you might need to cross it one day.

Feb. 22, 2011, 8:29 a.m.

I dunno, I ride the shit of my boxxers all year and maybe service them once, if they're lucky, and they keep on rocking….

Feb. 22, 2011, 8:43 a.m.

Thanks for the set up markers Mike.

Feb. 22, 2011, 8:45 a.m.

I had nothing but goodluck with my previous boxxer, and hopefully it will be the same with my 2011, build will be completed this week.

http://carcraftautorepair.ca/

Follow Us On FaceBook

Feb. 22, 2011, 9:06 a.m.

Maybe you shouldn't burn that bridge since you might need to cross it one day.

uh are you serious? Any "industry" person I know would just address my questions. Reliability is a huge issue with products and it is a well known fact that Boxxers have the shortest service life of all the DH forks on the market. 10hrs I believe? Don't quote me there please.

I am glad to hear that not everyone has had the bad luck, they definitely seem hit and miss as is the case with many products in this modern world of overseas mass manufacturing. Look at Marzocchi, its been a rough ride the last couple years, literally for them. They will be the first to admit they blew it, and that's the only way they have a chance at redemption. Sram has many loyal followers, but also many that are fed up with the quality degrading year after year.

I have also been around this industry long enough to know that many people that get deals do not always tell the truth as they are afraid of burning those bridges. It takes a lot more to "burn a bridge" than challenging a product in a forum.

My intention was to provoke a discussion that had representatives from both sides of the fence. So far its just the defenders, maybe the other side will show up soon…..

I was at a DH Race this weekend and ran into about 10 guys that are not on this forum that would seriously challenge the defenders.

There was a lot of discussion regarding why people buy certain products, marketing analysis is pretty important in this world, and most companies can be pretty objective w/o getting their panties in a bunch.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Feb. 22, 2011, 9:48 a.m.

RS is my third choice for a DH fork after Marz and Fox. I hate that they have made products that "just require a simple overhaul" before they can be used. ****ing hate it.

I am riding a Boxxer World Cup in 2011 because it comes on the bike. I get a deal on a bike. I am expecting to have to overhaul it on a regular basis.

Using a Boxxer Team (that i got a deal on) last year made me wish i hadn't given my wife the 2009 888 WC Ti. Now she won't give it back.

Feb. 22, 2011, 9:52 a.m.

i'd rather service a boXXer weekly then ride a Zokie..

8-)

Feb. 22, 2011, 10:37 a.m.

i'd rather service a boXXer weekly then ride a Zokie..

8-)

I would like to lend you a fork and see what you think of the new valving.

Interested?

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Feb. 22, 2011, 10:49 a.m.

I would like to lend you a fork and see what you think of the new valving.

Interested?

as the season proper gets closer, for shitsn giggles i might take you up..

but the odds of me liking a Zokie damping system are about as good as winning teh lottery..

i've had tons of Zokie product over the years and was never happy with any of them for a ride quality point of view..

kep in mind i've basicly been on Manitou TPC+ damping for long travel forks for over 10 years..but i did also have several different boXXers i was extremely happy with..

Feb. 22, 2011, 11:19 a.m.

I've been super stoked with my 2010 WC with only the initial trip to suspensionworx (granted, it sucks that it was required). I had an opportunity to get my dream fork and I jumped on it, otherwise I'd be doing one more tune on the WC and enjoying a second season on it.

And I don't know what people are on about with the small bump compliance, it's the best fork in that regard I've ever ridden (outside of inverted).

iforonewelcome.com

Feb. 22, 2011, 11:28 a.m.

Its pretty much and endless debate but i bet you would find that most of the people riding one or the other brands had troubles with the other if that makes any sense. i previously had 3 marz forks 2 of the 3 rode fine but all there were garbage on the reliability scale, so i went RS, of the 4 ive had, zero issues, but im sure youll find people with the exact opposite experience.

http://carcraftautorepair.ca/

Follow Us On FaceBook

Feb. 22, 2011, 11:33 a.m.

service intervals:

boxxer - drop the lowers every 25 hours of ride time

fox 40 - lift and quick clean of dust wipers every 15 hours (follow this if you want to keep your stanchions) and drop the lowers and change oil every 30 hours.

marzocchi - run it until your oil is grey and smells like a rotting corpse, if you go by the average marzocchi owner's attitude.

Check my stuff for sale!