Upload your photos
Forgot your password?
Things I have learned after a year on the M630 on the shore, mounted to the rear of my V1 Hightower, under a tall 190-lb rider:
1. They are not as harsh as the M60/forty that preceded them. But not as snappy to accelerate either.
2. You will pinch-flat a lot unless you ride with an insert (I ride with Tannus now and have come to be okay with it). Probably more than with the M60/forty. This negates some of the benefits of an ultralight rim.
3. You will break spokes. A lot. And when you do, the nipple that's embedded inside the rim will fire through your rim tape, leaving you with a flat that sealant won't seal. You will be walking unless you have inserts.
4. Removing a tire from this rim, especially with the insert that you for-sure need, is a special brand of hell. It's definitely not a trail-side move.
5. ENVE is really good about replacing a broken rim (here, the M60/forty that the M630 replaced).
While I'm happy enough to keep riding these while I have them, they won't be part of my next build.
Please log in to leave a comment.