Reply to comment

Dec. 11, 2019, 11:09 a.m. -  Nouseforaname

Absolutely - that is a point I made above.  From the article you linked, the US is responsible for 5% of China's CO2, using their logic. 16% of total CO2 emissions were related to exports. That still leaves 84% that is related to their internal economy that is ripe for them to resolve without harming their external economic bottom line. If you want their economic bottom line to continue. If we have 10 (or 12 or whatever) years left - how many of those years will go by before meaningful change happens in the countries that are producing the worlds CO2? The ball is in their court.  But they can't play it because doing so would destroy their internal economies. The only reason the Communist Party is still in charge in China is that they are able to point to a real legacy of improvement (for most - don't ask the Uighurs or any of the political prisoners, or anybody executed whose family was billed for the bullet) that is unchallenged. If that legacy of improvement is threatened (either internally or externally) they will have no future.

Post your comment

Please log in to leave a comment.