The New Santa Cruz Tallboy Has Landed
The Tallboy has earned a loyal following amongst those who seek a go-to bike that will hold up to the relentless hammering of "power hour" hot laps or long days in the saddle harvesting the best trails. The highly-refined VPP™ suspension on the Tallboy combines pedaling efficiency and all-out bump-chomping prowess. If ever there was a gravity riders’ XC bike, the Tallboy is it.
Our focus on Tallboy 5 was to maintain the capable intentions of the previous bike and improve the execution for a more predictable and active suspension. In addressing the leverage curve, we found that reducing progression, both by lowering the starting ratio and increasing the ending ratio, improved sensitivity further in the travel and helped the bike ride higher in its stroke, producing a more responsive, snappy feel.
By drastically reducing peak anti-squat, we further decoupled the chain’s restriction on suspension movement to improve both small bump sensitivity and square edge compliance. Because anti-squat values trend with anti-rise, we were also able to reduce the anti-rise to improve braking sensitivity on the new Tallboy 5.
- High quality fit and finish.
- Comes with a Tool Wallet and Tube Purse.
- Stows all your essentials so you can ditch the pack on your lunch laps or always be ready with the fix.
Reserve 30 SL Wheels
- Step-in internal rim bed to ease tubeless installation.
- Asymmetrical design (flipped front to rear) 440 gram rim weight.
- Available aftermarket
○ Spec’d on CC X01 AXS kit
○ Optional wheel upgrade on XT kits for +$1350
- No rider weight limit
- Lifetime guarantee
- Max tire width: 29 x 2.5
- Fork Compatibility: 130-140mm
- Boost 148mm spacing
- Post mount brakes w/ 180mm rotors
- ISCG05 chain guide mounts
- Threaded BB
- Santa Cruz UDH - It’s better
- IS headset
All Santa Cruz and Juliana frames, pivot bearings, and Reserve carbon rims have our lifetime warranty. Real support from real riders like Kyle (pictured) of the Santa Cruz Rider Support team, empowered to do what it takes to keep our bikes rolling. No BS, easy to work on, easy to find parts for, built to last.