Teravail Introduces All-New Kessel MTB Tire
Competition in the tire market is always a good thing, and Minnesota-based Teravail looks to have a breakout hit with their new Kessel. Billed as an aggressive trail/enduro/DH tire, it comes in both 27.5 and 29er sizes, with a variety of widths and wall thicknesses. Oh, and there's a tanwall version to boot. Check out the full release including pricing breakdowns after the break.
The Kessel is an aggressive trail, enduro, and downhill tire designed to deliver maximum traction in big, technical terrain. The tread pattern is inspired by the Teravail team’s collective experiences riding loose, rocky, and steep trails where traction is the top priority.
Tall, angular lugs, an open tread pattern, and dual-compound rubber with Teravail’s new Grip compound work together to provide exceptional grip on loose and technical terrain, while the ramped center lugs keep rolling resistance low. Wherever you ride, Kessel offers predictable performance for pushing limits.
To accommodate a variety of mountain bikes and rider preferences, we offer the Kessel in 27.5 x 2.5" as well as 29 x 2.4" and 2.6". Riders have a choice between Teravail’s Durable casing or the new Ultra-Durable casing. Teravail’s 60 TPI Durable casings feature a robust woven nylon composite reinforcement between the outer rubber and the inner casing within the sidewalls to prevent tearing and abrasions. The 60 TPI Ultra-Durable casing provides an additional ½ ply of 120 TPI for sidewall protection and extra puncture defense in the tread cap. The Kessel is available with a tan sidewall (Durable casing only) or standard black sidewall.
Available sizes and constructions:
- 27.5 x 2.5, black sidewall, durable casing. $85 MSRP
- 27.5 x 2.5, tan sidewall, durable casing. $85 MSRP
- 27.5 x 2.5, black sidewall, ultra durable casing. $90 MSRP
- 29 x 2.4, black sidewall, durable casing, $85 MSRP
- 29 x 2.4, tan sidewall, durable casing, $85 MSRP
- 29 x 2.4 black sidewall, ultra-durable casing, $90 MSRP
- 29 x 2.6, black sidewall, durable casing, $85 MSRP
- 29 x 2.6, tan sidewall, durable casing, $85 MSRP
- 29 x 2.6 black sidewall, ultra-durable casing, $90 MSRP
As with all Teravail tires, the Kessel is tubeless-ready to reduce flats and provide greater traction and ride feel at low pressures.