Kyle Mears gets Next Level Steep

Video Kevin Bergeron (we think)
Date Jan 2, 2017

NOTE – F-Bomb in the audio at the end

I got sweaty palms just writing about this…

Comments

Jan. 4, 2017, 12:33 p.m. -  james

different angles would make this so much better, but i'm sure it was hella steep and dangerous as shit.

Jan. 4, 2017, 4:52 p.m. -  Cam McRae

The whole thing with angles and video is that usually everything looks easy when filmed. If it looks hard on video, and steep, it's likely nastier when you are standing at the top.

Jan. 4, 2017, 12:08 p.m. -  Wacek Keepshack

A Trigger Warning… really? Fkng really NSMB? Quite frankly it ruined watching of the video to me… With excitement I waited to hear a three letter F word… it would bring social justice warriors that I could senselessly beat down with my comments.

Jan. 4, 2017, 4:41 p.m. -  Cam McRae

wut?

Jan. 21, 2017, 12:16 p.m. -  Wacek Keepshack

I meant that I don't really understand why put the NOTE about F-Bomb 🙂

Jan. 3, 2017, 12:38 p.m. -  giddyupPG

Didn't Kenny Smith ride this one a couple of years ago? If not - could be a similar line.

Jan. 4, 2017, 4:41 p.m. -  Cam McRae

"Kenny Smith, the master of ridiculously steep and exposed lines, rode this same face a few years ago, but I never saw any video. Steep is one thing but the length of this line makes it particularly noteworthy. Often challenging vertical faces involve letting gravity go to work and not worrying about braking, but this face is too big for that. And yet Kyle Mears keeps it in control the whole way down. Kyle rode this on a stock Orbea Rallon (Orbea is Kyle’s new sponsor for 2017)."

Jan. 3, 2017, 9:50 a.m. -  ashroadadam1 .

Weird. He doesn't seem to build up as much speed as I expected. It would be interesting to see a profile shot so that the actual slope can be viewed. From the descent rate, I get the impression that the slope is not as vertical as it appears head on. Still, that is one of the craziest lines I have seen ever. Incredible control. Would be interesting to know his set up - tires, suspension, brakes, underpants.

Jan. 3, 2017, 7:06 a.m. -  whatyouthink

lolwut how did he stay remotely in control