Introducing the Guide Ultimate
SRAM has officially taken the lid off of their new Guide Ultimate brake. First spotted on the Enduro World Series and DH World Cup circuits, we can now bring you the full lowdown on these top-end stoppers.
CENTERLINE X ROTORS
LIGHT, QUIET, SMOOTH
AVAILABLE: July 2015
CenterLine X rotors are the lighter-weight version of SRAM’s quiet, smooth and robust CenterLine rotors, featuring a two-piece design with an alloy center and steel brake track.
Diameter: 140mm, 160mm, 180mm
Hub interface: 6-bolt, Center Lock
Steel CenterLine brake track
Color options (aluminum center): Black
Weight: 86g (140mm), 102g (160mm), 125g (180mm)
FOLLOW THE LEADER
The SRAM Guide brake family introduced a new standard for mountain bike brakes through rigorous design and testing, and has been proven at the highest levels of competition in the Enduro World Series and with downhill World Cup wins. With its completely new, 4-piston S4 caliper, SwingLink lever cam, and carbon lever blade, the 360-gram Guide Ultimate stands alone as the new leader in its class. It has been engineered to be light and powerful, with superior heat management capabilities, which give you better, more consistent, more reliable braking. The new caliper design also incorporates a re-designed seal and aluminum piston interface for ease of setup and improved consistency, while Bleeding Edge technology makes bleeding Guide Ultimate a quick and easy task.
AVAILABLE: May 2015
• S4 caliper
1. Consistency and easy setup
2. Heat management
3. Bleeding Edge™ technology
• Carbon lever blade
• Titanium hardware
• Proven Guide lever design featuring Swinglink, Timing Port Closure
• Tool-free Contact Point and Reach Adjust
• Aluminum caliper and lever body
• Lever pivot bearing
• Compatible with current SRAM Guide brake pads
• Colors: Arctic Grey Ano and Black Ano
• Weight: 360g (front brake, includes rotor, hose, clamp, adapter and all bolts)
• The all-new S4 Caliper features four machined and Moly-coated aluminum pistons for consistent rollback and easy set-up, improved heat management features and Bleeding Edge porting and adapter technology for easy bleeds.
• Pistons diameter: two 14mm and two 16mm pistons for power and modulation
• New seals, gland geometry and piston coating for improved rollback, results in easier setup and improved consistency.
• Heat Management: enlarged pad pocket, piston insulators and Heat Shield reduce operating temperature and minimize heat transfer to the caliper body.
• Bleeding Edge: new bleeding adapter and porting for quick, mess-free bleeding.
NEW SEALS, PISTONS AND GLAND GEOMETRY
The S4 caliper features completely redesigned seals, pistons and gland geometry that ensure consistent piston rollback. This translates into:
• Easy setup: less time required to achieve proper caliper alignment and pad retraction for drag-free performance.
• Consistency: precise piston rollback guarantees a constant lever feel and contact point in all situations.
Aluminum heat shields breaks the thermal connection between the pad and caliper body.
Reduces caliper fluid temperature
by about 20C even in the most extreme testing conditions.
Insulator integrated in the piston.
Phenolic pad interface: phenolic compound reduces heat transfer from the pads to the piston thus reducing fluid operating temperature.
Aluminum seal interface: consistent finish and reduced seal wear.
OPEN PAD POCKET
More air flow through the caliper to reduce heat:
Pad pocket is 2mm wider than the standard Guide caliper.
Pad pocket length is increased to expose full length of brake pads to air flow.
BLEEDING EDGE TECHNOLOGY
New bleed porting and fluid path make it easier to push fluid through the caliper for quick and easy bleeding.
Dedicated bleed adapter for the S4 caliper plugs into the bleed port and seals the system to minimize air contamination and fluid loss.