NEW BIKE RELEASE
Introducing the All-New Transition Sentinel
What follows is the announcement for Transition's brand new Sentinel. For all the specs, details, and pricing, read on. To read about first ride impressions on the 2021 Sentinel, go here.
The all-new Transition Sentinel's forgiving do-it-all attitude truly blurs the lines between planted bottomless sender and playful poppy trail pony. Whether you're chasing EWS dreams or just a weekend afternoon escape, it will bring out the best in you. So easy to get acquainted with you'll find yourself sending lines, jumps and maneuvers you always felt were beyond your ability. Where before you went around, now you go over. Where you pushed up, now you pedal. Where you rolled, now you jump. Pedal up and repeat.
TECHNICAL UPDATES AND STUFF
The Sentinel features a full carbon frame made from premium Japanese Toray fiber with a tailored blend of 24T and 30T materials to create the right balance of frame stiffness, strength, and impact toughness. Our unique latex coated EPS molding process allows for sharper frame lines and tighter edge radius control with maximum strength to weight ratio and less wasted material.
The 24% overall progression with a linear rate of change works well with air or coil shocks. The stock 62.5mm shock stroke provides 150mm of rear wheel travel, with the ability to use a 57.5mm stroke shock to get 140mm travel and large usable sag range let you custom tailor your ride.
Dropper posts keep getting longer so we combine short seat tube lengths with mega seatpost insertion to help get your saddle completely out of the way. All complete bikes come with longer travel dropper posts; SM 150mm, MD 180mm, LG-XXL 210mm.
BULLET POINTS FOR THE SAKE OF BULLET POINTS
- LIFETIME WARRANTY
- Featuring SBG Geometry
- Full Carbon Frame (Front Triangle, Rear Triangle And Rocker)
- 44mm/56mm Press In Headset
- 148mm Boost Dropout Spacing
- Stock Rear Travel 150mm With 62.5mm Stroke Shock
- Down To 140mm Rear Travel With 57.5mm Stroke Shock
- Enduro Max Sealed Bearings With Bearing Shields On Main Pivot
- Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Molded Rubber Chainstay, Seatstay & Downtube Protection
- External Rear Brake Cable Routing
- Fully Guided Rear Derailleur Cable Routing In DT And CS
- Water Bottle Storage Inside Front Triangle
- Accessory Mount On Underside Of Top Tube
- 29" Tire Clearance Up To 2.6"
- 3.20 kg / 7.05 lbs Frame w / Shock, Complete X01 13.94 kg / 30.7 lbs
More info available at the Transition Bicycles website.