Introducing the All-New Rocky Mountain Element
Purpose-built to hit the precise sweet spot between lightweight cross country climbing prowess and technical precision, the Element is the best of both worlds and more. Roadie-levels of climbing efficiency guarantees that oh-so-sweet feeling of riding someone off your wheel. Added levels of stability on fast descents and a pseudo-aggressive seat tube angle provides surprising levels of confidence on tight single track and hairy descents.
“The Element gives me a lot of confidence when it comes to racing, giving me a huge advantage at an event. It’s incredibly light and efficient but somehow rides like a trail bike, a combination that eliminates any weak points and allows me to push it on every section of a racecourse. Outside of racing, I love the feeling of being way the hell out there and the Element is perfect for that. You can cover ground all day without holding anything back on the descents.” – Felix Burke, Rocky Mountain XC Athlete and 2019 BCBR Winner
THE EVOLUTION OF SIZE SPECIFIC TUNE
The 2021 Thunderbolt and Element platforms were positioned on the shorter end of our bikes' travel categories, with notable differences being wheel size, travel amount, and ride characteristics. The natural evolution of these platforms was to blend the Trail and Cross-country categories into one platform for efficient and precise riding.
Looking at the needs of shorter vs. taller riders, we’ve introduced a wheel size split with our extra-small Element frame. Our extra-small frame is offered with 27.5” wheel to help shorter riders with acceleration, and it also lowers the bike for a better fit and ride experience. The 2022 Element in extra-small has 33mm of increased standover against the 2021 Thunderbolt XS and 56mm vs 2021 Element size small.
For riders that are tall enough to ride small, medium, large, or extra-large frames, the Element is available with 29” wheels.
One of the goals with the new Element was to give more rider support across the range of travel but without giving up on rear wheel traction. We’ve increased the anti-squat to offer quicker acceleration and reduced the end-stroke progression to make it easier to access the entire range of travel. This revised kinematic allow you to run less pressure and damping in your shock, leading to a smoother, calmer ride.
- 130mm, 44mm (FOX) or 42mm (RockShox) offset fork
- Max tire clearance is 29 x 2.6
- Max chainring size 36t
- Min chainring size 30T
- Sizes: SM-XL
- 150mm, 37mm offset fork
- Max tire clearance is 27.5 x 2.6
- Max chainring size 36t
- Min chainring size 30t
- Sizes: XS
We’re always looking for ways to take our bikes to the next level, which leads our engineers to incorporate thoughtful ideas through flawless integration. Added benefits like the ability to control the balance between stability and playfulness, ease of maintenance, and frame durability are just the beginning for these bikes.
RIDE-4 adjustment system
- The RIDE-4 adjustment system is compact, lightweight, and can be adjusted with a single Allen key.
Internal guides (Carbon models) and large ports (Alloy models)
- Full guided internally for easy cable and hose management
- Moto style compatible
- Secured for rattle-free setup
Added protection, guards, and chainguide
- Downtube protection, noise cancelling chainstay protection
Bottle clearance and mount options
- The upper bottle mounts can serve as an accessory mount giving you the ability to carry tools, food, and small frame bags.
- The lower bottle mounts have two positions, giving you the option to mount the lower bottle closer or further from your hand depending on your chosen configuration.
- Bottle carrying options:
- XS: Fits one Large (710 ml / 23 Oz) bottle.
- SM: Fits one Small bottle (620 ml / 21 Oz) and one Large (710 ml / 23 Oz) bottle.
- MD – XL: Fits two Large bottles (710 ml / 23 Oz).
Frame profile updates
- Sleek and slim top tube that gives the Element a modern look with a focus on steering precision.
- SRAM UDH compatible.
Increased bearing life and versatility
- Increased stiffness and durability at the chainstay/seatstay pivot.
- Shielded bearings featured on all pivots including at the lower shock mount (compatible with aftermarket shocks as well).
- The Main pivot features dual seal spacers, prolonging bearing life by preventing water from entering.
- The main pivot nut is interchangeable with the one on our Instinct and Altitude, allowing the Element to accept our Canadarm chain guide.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
The Element will be available this winter from your local Rocky Mountain dealer. Regional availability may vary.
- Element Carbon 90: $11,549 CAD / $9,589 USD
- Element Carbon 70: $7,879 CAD / $6,819
- Element Carbon 50: $6,299 CAD / $4,899
- Element Carbon 30: $5,249 CAD / $4,259
- Element Carbon Frameset: $ $3,889 CAD / $3,199 USD
- Element Alloy 50: $4,619 CAD / $4,049 USD
- Element Alloy 30: $3,679 CAD / $3,089 USD
- Element Alloy 10: $2,999 CAD / $2,559 USD