Giro Launches New Flat Pedal Shoes
Giro, the cycling world’s design leader, today announced the launch of their new 2018 line of flat pedal footwear. Working in conjunction with the world’s most progressive riders like Kurt Sorge, Carson Storch, and Graham Agassiz, and the rubber experts at Vibram®, Giro’s in-house team of MTB footwear specialists have come up with the ultimate combinations of grip, protection, durability, and style.
“As someone who grew up racing downhill, I was used to riding clipped in,” said Giro Marketing Director Dain Zaffke. “But, like so many riders, I’ve spent more and more time during the past few years running flat pedals. The new Riddance is exactly the kind of shoe I’ve been looking for, while the redesigned Jacket II transfers easily between the pump track and the pub.”
The innovation in Giro’s new lineup comes from the ground up. Riddance, Riddance W, and Riddance Mid all feature Vibram’s all-new Megagrip™ ISR rubber outsole, the stickiest compound they’ve launched, plus Rockprint™ reinforcement for enhanced durability. A full-length, EVA midsole is optimized for vibration damping while rubber reinforcements protect the toe and heel, and a water-resistant breathable microfiber upper delivers all-day comfort. The Riddance Mid also features a power strap at the ankle for those riders looking for increased support and protection. The Jacket II is the workhorse of the line, with a durable Vibram® Ecostep™ rubber outsole engineered for flat pedals delivering long-lasting grip and a water-resistant breathable microfiber upper serving up style.
Riddance/ Riddance W/ Riddance Mid:
· Vibram® Megagrip™ ISR rubber outsole, engineered for grip.
· Rockprint™ reinforcement for enhanced durability.
· EVA midsole optimized for vibration damping.
· Water-resistant breathable microfiber upper.
· Laced closure with lace keeper (Riddance) and power strap at the ankle (Riddance Mid).
· Rubber toe and heel reinforcements.
· Molded DH EVA Footbed with arch support.
· Riddance 430 grams (size 43) / Riddance Mid 445 grams (size 43).
· Riddance/ Riddance Mid 35-50 in whole sizes, Riddance W 35-43.
· Riddance & Riddance W $129/€129 Riddance Mid $139/€139.
· Water-resistant breathable microfiber upper
· Laced closure with lace keeper
· Toe and heel reinforcements
· Vibram® Ecostep™ rubber outsole engineered for flat pedals
· Optimized EVA midsole
· Die cut EVA foam cushioning footbed
· 415 grams (size 43)
· 37 - 48 in whole sizes
The Giro Riddance and women’s Riddance W $129/€129, Riddance Mid $139/€139, and Jacket II $99/€99 are all available immediately from www.giro.com and authorized Giro retailers.