Intense Tracer II
Temecula, Ca.-Friday, December 10th 2010 – The Tracer is historically our most popular series of bikes. Last year, we asked our testing, dealer, consumer, and racing teams what they would like to see to make a great ride even better.
We worked hard to incorporate every great idea we possibly could, and developed our new 2011 Tracer2. While it shares the same genetics as earlier Tracers, these remarkable improvements make it one of the best riding and handling technical trail bikes we have ever produced.
Make sure to see your dealer to get more info on the new Tracer2
• Adjustable travel 5.75”-6.25” (145mm-160mm), easily set at the upper link
• Wide range geometry settings for aggressive trail or fast XC riding
• Full 1.5″ head tube to accomodate all steerer and headset options available
• ISCG-05 integrated into fully machined BB shell
• World Cup, National, and World Championship winning VPP suspension platform
• NEW Improved bearings with EZ-lock binder-bolt main pivot system
• NEW Rear dropout mount system accepts 142×12, SyntaceX12, or standard 135QR dropouts. (All available separately from Intense; the Tracer2 will ship standard with 142×12)
• NEW Threaded, replaceable zerk grease fittings • NEW Redesigned yoke & lower link machining for
added rigidity and strength
• NEW Redesigned proprietary hydroformed downtube reduces weight and adds strength
• NEW 8.5″ x 2.5″ FOX RP23 shock damper spec • NEW Machined ‘boxbrace’ seatstay bridge adds swingarm rigidity for a far more stable ride • Handmade at our southern California factory • Available in an all new color : ‘CanAm Yellow’
• Other standard colors are ’White’, ‘Gun Metal’ and ‘Works Raw’; 14 other upgrade colors available on request (may require longer lead times)
MSRP will be $1999 (USD) W/FOX RP23 shock | Expected ship date of Feb. 2011
Looks like a good bike for pedalling on the Shore. Good for you too?