2017 Juliana Joplin
Press Release from SCB
The new Joplin completely defines its own niche when it comes to being a high-end option for women who want a bigger wheel trail bike.
The new CC carbon frame offers all the same great updated engineering and geometry traits of the new Tallboy, but offers a new ‘light’ suspension tune that enables a plusher ride straight out of the gate. And the Juli Furtado-tested anatomical saddle keeps things cusher too.
Low standover height is always under scrutiny, and we deliver a benchmark in that territory in both 29 or 27.5+ configuration. Every size has experienced a reduction over the previous generation, with the large size now a full 30mm lower than before.
Our design team dreamed up the Ultraviolet paint job and matching grips as finishing touches to ensure the Juliana line continues to remain bold, unique, and unmistakable on the trail.
GEOMETRY UPDATES OVER JPLN1:
Lower Standover Height
- 10-30mm depending on frame size
- Optimum maneuverability for riders of all sizes
Slacker Head Angle
- 68-degrees – 2.2 degrees more slack
- More stable handling
- 40-50mm depending on frame size
- Roomier front/center
- 11mm shorter than prior (17”/432mm)
- Snappier handling
Shorter Seat Tube
- 30mm shorter
- Better standover/dropper compatibility
Steeper Seat Tube Angle
- 0.6-degrees steeper
- Better pedaling position
GENERAL UPDATES OVER JPLN1
- Suspension tuned for lighter riders
- Higher initial leverage – For Better
small bump compliance
- Flatter suspension curve – More
consistent feel through travel
- More progressive tune – Resists bottom out, appropriate to travel
- Updated geometry
- Wheel size switchable – 29 or 27.5+
- More travel – 110mm, up from 100
- Stiffer fork chassis – Fox 34 instead of 32
- Grippier tires for greater trail handling – 29×2.3” Maxxis tire combo & 27.5×2.8” Maxxis Rekon tires
- Dropper posts included in kits
- Custom ‘light’ suspension tune for a plusher feel
- Low standover height for optimum maneuverability
- Juliana anatomical women’s saddle
- Accepts both 29er and 27.5+ wheel/tire combos
- Available in Small, Medium and Large sizes
Frame Only: $2899
Joplin 29 CC XX1: $7799
Joplin 29 CC XO1: $6499
Joplin 27.5+ CC XO1: $6499
Lifetime bearings and crash replacement warranty.
Do you like?