Sun Peaks Bike Park Official 2013 Opening: June 28th
With 595 metres (1,954 feet) of chairlift accessed vertical, 36 distinct trails that range from technical DH and flowing machine-made, to scenic alpine XC trails and expansive all mountain, the Sun Peaks Bike Park has something for everyone.
Some serious love will be given to the signature trails Smooth Smoothie, Home Run, Insanity One and Big Rock Ride. In addition to the regular maintenance and small improvements that riders are used to seeing each year, some major work is slated to improve trail flow and, in turn, trail integrity and sustainability (i.e. less brake bumps thanks to less braking needed). The result will be trails that are easier on your bike, body, and all around more fun to ride!
Sugar and Sweet One will also be returning this summer with significant improvements after being decommissioned last year. After many years of accumulated bug kill and dead fall Sun Peaks was forced to close these signature trails for safety reasons. They were missed, and they’ll be back with a vengeance this summer!
With the return of the Canada Cup to the Sun Peaks Bike Park this July, more work will be happening on DH and Arm Pump to ensure that racers are met with the best course possible July 6-7. Check the Bike Park website for updates as trail work progresses through the spring and summer months, in the meantime enjoy those shuttle laps and see you on opening day, Friday June 28.
Do you live in the Loops, or are you planning a road trip there this summer? Stop by the Bicycle Cafe to pick up your BroCard.
Are you a 2013 BroCard member? If so, you are already entered to win our Sun Peaks Crank Into Summer prize package. Otherwise, buy a Card before June 28th and be automatically entered to win this prize, which includes:
- Two nights at the Cahilty Lodge
- $50 to the Cahilty Bar and Grill
- Four Sun Peaks Bike Park day tickets
- A “Bike Park” tuneup from Bicycle Cafe
- NSMB.com wool socks
2013 Sun Peaks and Kamloops BroCard deals:
- Sun Peaks Bike Park: 1) 10% off day lift tickets, regardless of duration. 2) Bike Park Season Pass @ $299 (special “combo” price). Valid all season long. Tax not included. 3) $10 off a 3-Day Trail Card, or $20 off a 5-Day Trail Card
- Nancy Greene’s Cahilty Lodge: Special rates starting from $77.00 per night (up to 15% off)
- Cahilty Creek Bar and Grill: $12.00 jugs of Caribou beers (normally $15) plus a 20% discount on food
- The Bicycle Cafe: 15% off All Clothing, Parts and Accessories
- Full Boar Bike Store: 15% off parts and accessories 2. $100.00 discount for any regular priced bike (over $1000) and a $20 bike build special for visiting riders.
Planning a road trip to check out some of BC’s finest mountain biking? The BroCard offers great discounts on bike park lift tickets, accommodations, restaurants, bike shops, guiding services and more. Not only will you get discounts all over the place, you will be automatically entered into regular draws for great prizes courtesy of our BroCard partners. Get yours now for only $19.95 online, or from Steed Cycle (North Vancouver), Fanatyk Co (Whistler) and the Bicycle Café (Kamloops).