Santa Cruz sent us some info on their newest mid-wheeled steed. Here it is in their words, aside from captions. We’ll take the blame for those.
Sharing the same mega-agile geometry as the Solo, the Bantam punches way above its weight for a trail bike in this category.
- 125mm of single-pivot suspension and a robust collet pivot axle system create a rock-solid trail tool that’s as awesomely simple as it is tough.
- 27.5″ wheels deliver those fabled rolling benefits without compromising maneuverability, leaving the Bantam fired-up to go the distance if you are.
Total frame weight: 6.87 lb (3.12 kg) M size with Fox Float CTD evolution shock.
• 5” (125mm) single-pivot travel.
• 27.5” wheels.
• Dual bottle cage mounts.
• New 142mm x 12mm rear axle spacing – easier wheel installation.
• Collet axle pivot – locks in place without pinch bolts.
• Angular contact bearings maximize stiffness.
• Standard or direct mount rear derailleur hanger.
• ISCG-05 chainguide compatibility.
• 73mm threaded BB for creak-free riding and easy installation.
• Two color options:
• Gloss green w/white decals
• Satin black w/white decals
• Please see your local dealer for bike and frame pricing options and availability.
Is this the middle wheeler for you?